Chapter 15

•Annabelle•

I knock on the brass door with shaky hands, the hard surface hurting my knuckles and chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

I waited impatiently for the door to open and reveal a scruffy haired boy with milky skin and mesmerising golden eyes but it never did.

After a few minutes I decided he must have not heard me and knocked again.

There was still no answer from a hoodie wearing cutie.

I listened against the door for movement but all was still and silent.

Maybe Ash had already gotten to him.

The sickening thought of him being suspended somewhere, like a pig for slaughter horrified me and I ran down the hallway frantically, thinking I'd catch him.

I made it to the reception, ignoring the strange stare from the old woman and flung open the double doors.

I looked left and right and then paused as I caught sight of him with a gasp.

Scott stood a few metered away in a puddle, the can by his feet made it evident that it was gasoline. The thing that made my heart stop was the neon fire cracker wedges in his fist, he was going to drop it and kill himself.

If he was to drop the stick of explosive it would erupt into a fiery inferno and submerge him. He'd be burnt to a crips.

In front of him stood Stiles, Lydia and Allison. Desperately convincing him to put it away. Why would Scott want to commit suicide?

Then I remembered that Ash had wolfsbane, he had obviously used the purple powder to manipulate Scott's mind. His blank and pained expression showed he wasn't his usual self and from how tactful the trio beside home were currently behaving I knew that if made a scene or sudden move Scott could release the firecracker and let himself go up in flames.

I wasn't about to let that happen.

So instead I ignored the urge to leap into Stiles's arms and creeped up behind the school bus as rain began to fall from the dark sky and slapping the concrete, catching my heavy breath from fear and running.

I was kept spectator as Stiles, with tears evident in his eyes, poised and ready to leak stepped forwards towards the ticking time bomb in a oblivious teenage boys grip as Allison and Lydia froze in shock.

I couldn't quite decipher what they were saying.

Scott stood in the middle of the puddle staring with dark eyes at the boy.

Stiles eyes watered as he continued stepping forward, edging closer to Scott whilst saying something.

I gasp. "Stiles no." I whisper quietly as he steps in the gasoline.

Is he trying to kill himself? I can't let him do it, he might kill them both. I watch with fear as Stiles reaches Scott and pauses for a moment.

Whatever Stiles said must have been important if Scott had tears too, he wasn't supposed to have any reaction right?

I'd never seen a love as strong as theirs really.

My feet compelled me to move forwards but I made sure not to love and ruin things.

Stiles clasped his hand around Scotts and yanked the tube out of his hand before chucking it out of the way.

I almost laughed with giddy relief, he was saved.

I smiled as Stiles pulled Scott into a hug, patting him one the back. They were both shaking with fear and shivering from the rain.

But getting the flu was the least of their worries.