Chapter 3

As soon as he has left the room I burst out laughing, I fall to the floor as my body rocks with the sob like laughs that are escaping my throat.

My container full of noodles long forgotten as it sits on the floor in a pool of noodles and chicken.

My attempt to catch my breath fails as a fit of giggles escape my mouth and soon I am full on laughing once again. The pain in my stomach soon becomes too much and I try my best to contain myself.

In doing so I catch a glimpse of the sheet of the 'contract' details.

'The 1 million pounds will only be donated to the family if the following terms and conditions are followed.

- I will give up my social life in order to fulfil the needs of Mr Howards.

- I will be prepared to complete any task or job that Mr Howards sets for me

- I will not go against anything that Mr Howards proposes for me.

- I will not argue or complain towards anything Mr Howards says or does.

- I will not hesitate to entertain or please Mr Howards.

- I will not tell ANYBODY about this contract before, in-between or after the contract.

- I will not violate any other rules or conditions that Mr Howards sets

If these terms and conditions are not followed throughout the time period set the money will immediately be withdrawn from the family and the family and contractee could be sued for over half a million pounds.

If you agree with the rules please sign your name at the bottom of this paper, if not, you are free to leave right now and forget this ever happened.'

A million pounds. Getting giddy already at just the thought of having so much money. Mum would be able to quit her 10 jobs, Skylar would have the life that I had always dreamed of having for myself. We would be able to buy a comfortable house and most importantly we'd be safe.

Realising how serious Jace actually was I sober down and glance curiously around for him to pop out and tell me he is joking.

Not a second after I have thought this Jace does return with a smoothie in his hands, and a completely serious face.

"Ha your joking right?" I giggle slowly when he doesn't reply just flops down onto the sofa and crosses his legs.

Taking a sip from his Smoothie his shakes his head, no.

"Why? Why me?" I whisper more to myself then him.

"You are free to go home this very minutes with out any charges past to you if you don't want to go through with it, if you do then the pen works and you have my permission to sign that paper." Carelessly he glances every where in the room but fails to catch my burning gaze.

"Why do I need you permission!"

"Are you dumb or something? Can you not read the contract that is sitting like 1 meter away from you?" Glaring I cross my arms and now refuse to look at him.

"Awh did I hurt your feelings?" I turn my head to the side stubbornly.

He gets up from the sofa and I get excited that he is finally leaving but to my utter disappointment he walks over and sits next to me in the direction my face is facing. As I am about to turn my head in the opposite direction he puts his hand on the side of my face, my first though is to retreat so I cringe away. Oblivious to my discomfort he continues looking into my eyes harshly he speaks

"Now. I have a feeling you won't let such a big and grateful offer go, and one of my major rules is to look at me when I am speaking. So count to ten and re answer my question."