Chapter 5

Running up the steps two at a time, I rushed to our flat, flinging open the unlocked door to find none other then Jace Howards making himself at home on my living room sofa.

"Nice of you to finally join me Lyn, no need to rush, catch your breath. Take your time." Nodding at him in thanks, I leaned on the wall and breathed in and out.

"Only you would not acknowledge the sarcasm, hurry up, you only have 10 minutes to get ready now or else we'll miss the booking."

"Oh, um, sorry, I'll um be going to get ready then?" Okay well that just took stupid questions to another level. One glance at him tells me he is thinking exactly the same thing.

Walking into the one room we actually possess I slowly open the package with the dress in for the first time.

Gasping in shock I look down to find a beautiful beige short dress. Glancing down again I notice a pair of beige high heels which I am not as happy about. He obviously expects me to wear them which will definitely result in me tripping over and embarrassing him and more importantly myself.

Shaking the package again just to make sure, a few more things fall out. Blushing I pick up a set of white lingerie. Throwing that to the corner of the room I look down to also find a few makeup products. Which I have no idea how to use so off to the corner they go as well.

Stripping out of my T-shirt and jeans I attempt to throw on the dress which proves to be harder then I originally thought. Trust him to pick such a tight dress.

After a lot of pulling and a quite a lot of tearing noises I manage to pull on the dress. Which also happens to be way too short for my liking.

Well I can't do anything now other than complain. This is probably the most expensive thing I have ever worn so complaining isn't really going to get me anywhere when I actually really want to wear it.

I begin staring hard at the heels willing them to become shorter when I hear Jace becoming impatient.

"HURRY UP!" Cringing at his extremely loud voice I jump into the heels and carefully, wobbling with every step I walk back to the corner of the room and pick up the makeup.

Well I know how to use a hairbrush. So I quickly brush my hair in record speed and glance at the designer mac branded make up products that every one used to go on about in school.

With these heels on I have nothing to loose I think as I open the bottle of mascara and brush it along my lashes.

After attempting to do my makeup I try to run out of the room but forget about the death traps on my feet and end up falling into the door. Jace rushes in.

"What the... Hell happened?" He glances down at me whimpering and struggling to get up and lets a small smirk take over his face. he offers me his hand but I decline it by ignoring it. As soon as I am up he snickers as he looks at my face.

"Lyn? Are you wearing lipstick as... Eyeshadow?"

***

After sorting out the mess that I had made of my face I decided to go makeup bare for the night... And probably for forever onwards too.

Walking down the stairs he grabs my hand. Shocked I glance up at him with my mouth open. As I struggle to take my hand out of his iron grip he only grips on tighter until I can't take it.

"Owch Jace let go!" I mutter as we pass a group of 3 men smoking.

Probably weed.

He chooses that moment to let go and mutter

"Paps, can't believe the managed to follow me here!"

I realise then why he grabbed my hand and relax.