Chapter 17

Marley walked around the medical wing with Nan beside her, holding a clipboard. "Good Marley. Now can you do a jumping jack?"

"Yeah." Marley did one but flinched. Nan looked skeptically at her. "I did one. It doesn't matter if it hurts. I did one. Check it off your list. Next." After a few minutes, Marley was cleared to get out of the medical wing. "Hold on Nan. I left my jacket in the exam room." Marley walked in and then looked behind her back, making sure Nan didn't see her. Marley then grabbed her two bottles of morphine pills and put them in her jacket. Nan then walked in.

"You all good Marley?"

"Oh, yeah. Great. I'll see you tonight." Marley smiled and walked out of the room, letting out a breath. Marley walked towards her office. Right as she opened up the door, she heard a voice she didn't want to hear.

"So, you are back?" Marley frowned as she saw Picasso sitting on her desk.

"Of course I am." Marley walked towards him. "Now, will you get off my desk?" Marley glared at him as he stood up. "I have to get to work."

"Actual work or trying to hack into someone's computer?" Picasso asked.

"That is my job you idiot." Marley rolled her eyes as she logged on. She was actually planning on printing out the maps of the building. She needed to start getting a plan going to get out because she could tell that her time here was slimming down every day.

"You might want to watch your mouth Marley. You know what I can do to it." Picasso threatened.

"Then do it. But remember, Moriarty will not be too happy if I can't answer questions because you lost your temper." Marley smiled as Picasso clenched his jaw.

"Watch your back Marley." Picasso said.

"That is physically impossible." Marley looked at him. "Are you done threatening me?"

Picasso glared at her and then stormed out of her office.

Marley sat down in her chair and sighed, pulling out one of her bottles of morphine. She pulled out two pills and popped them in her mouth, swallowing them. She then put the bottle back into her pocket and relaxed, the pain finally subsiding.

Marley jerked awake, looking at the clock; 17:45. "Oh crap. I am going to be late for dinner!" Marley jumped up only to lean against her desk, her back killing her. She popped a couple pills into her mouth, swallowed them and then walked towards the cafeteria. As usual, when she walked in, everyone moved out of her way. Marley grabbed her dinner which consisted of 'fish and chips' and water. She then sat down at a table, having everyone get up and move. Marley looked around for Nan when someone sat next to her. "You might not want to sit there if you want to be criticized."

"Eh. I'm used to it." Marley looked over towards the person to see Nan smiling at her.

"Oh. Ha. Sorry." Marley apologized.

Nan picked up her fork. "It's fine. How's you back?"

"Okay. Still a little painful." Truthfully, Marley's back was fine right now due to the morphine but Nan couldn't find out about her sneaking the pills. "You want it?" Marley asked, motioning to her dinner.

"No. You need to eat. You've been on an IV for the past few days. No matter how bad the food is." Nan looked at Marley almost saying, 'you better eat that food or I'll make you'.

Marley looked at the fish. "Fine." Marley slowly ate the nasty food.

"Was it that bad?" Nan asked when they were done. They stood up to put their trays away.

"Yes." Marley slid the tray into the massive washing machine.

"Oh suck it up." Nan smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow." Nan waved and then walked off, leaving Marley in the cafeteria, surrounded by people but still feeling alone.

"I need to get her out of here." Marley muttered as she saw her security guard standing by the door. Marley made her way over to him. "Ready." He grabbed her arm and led her out of the cafeteria and to her room.