The Hogwarts Express

Hey Guys. This is what I imagine Hermione and Draco's first meeting in the hogwarts express. :)

" Has anyone seen a toad?"

I tore my gaze from the view outside to the source of voice

I tore my gaze from the view outside to the source of voice. A girl of my age already in Hogwarts robes was there with a worried expression. She had bushy brown hair, which were a real mess right now and large front teeth. But what caught my attention were those big brown eyes.

" Has anyone seen a toad?"she repeated. After no reply, she added " A boy named Neville's lost one ."

"We don't car-" Crabbe started.

" No, we haven't. But if we see, we'll tell you." I cut him off, completely captivated by those eyes.

Across me, Crabbe and Goyle exchanged a look. One of them must have coughed which snapped me out to reality. That girl was saying something " ... Hogwarts soon."

"I'm sorry?"

"I said you may want to change into your robes. We'll be reaching Hogwarts soon."

Before I could reply, a round faced clumsy looking boy came over, almost tumbling in his robes. His face was stained as if he had been crying. What a loser!

"I couldn't find-", he sniffled, "Trevor. I haven't even made to Hogwarts and already lost my toad, Hermione !"

Okay, so that was her name.

Hermione pulled Neville into a hug and he kept sobbing. I felt an uneasy tug inside me. That guy should better watch out.

What is with you Draco? You've just met her and already feeling jealous?

I coughed and she looked at me, straight in eyes, pleading for help.

Oh shit.

" You can ask professors there in Hogwarts for help. When my father will hear about this that they can't even hold a toad in then see what happens." Crabbe and Goyle were gaping at me, open mouthed.

" Your father seems like a powerful man." Hermione said, letting go of Neville who finally stopped crying and looked at me with those glassy eyes.

" Yeah after all he is a Malfoy", he said coldly and darted towards the next compartment.

I glared after him. He will pay for this. I looked at Hermione.

"So what does your father do? Mine is in Ministry of Magic."

" My parents are-"

She was cut off by the loudspeaker message , ' WE WILL BE REACHING HOGWARTS IN 15 MINUTES. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE IN THE TRAIN. IT WILL BE TAKEN TO THE SCHOOL SEPARATELY.'

" Looks like I have to go. By the way I am Hermione Granger", she said , her hand held out for handshake.

My hand met up with hers in the air, sending sparks inside me. " Draco, Draco Malfoy."