Breeze

Breeze wasn’t sure what had happened to Tide, Steel, and Coal. She was worried out of her mind and would’ve followed them, but for the sake of Maple and Sparky. Tide had told Steel to come back and warn them about the men and then hide in the underwater cave.

Breeze hadn’t been surprised when Coal ran off, she had expected it really. As soon as Steel came rushing back without Tide, Coal had already hatched seven different plans to go away. But when Steel ran off Breeze got scared. At the facility, they had trained her to use her powers better, but she still wasn’t as powerful as Tide.

Don’t think about it.

Too late. The memories closed in on her. The endless hours of being forced to work, to train harder. Sometimes the only way to make it stop was to not eat or drink so you collapsed on the floor. But as soon as she could think clearly, it was back to the training.

Breeze didn’t understand what they wanted. Why did they push her so hard? Why did they keep hunting her down? It was horrible.

Breeze turned to Maple and Sparky. “I’m sure they’ll be back soon.” She tried to comfort them.

Sparky nodded, sad and frightened. He’d been stuck to Tide like glue ever since she rescued them. Maple nodded as well, but Breeze could tell she wasn’t wholly convinced. Terra was unusually quiet, sitting in the corner, shivering. There had been a point when Sparky offered to heat up the water, but Breeze was pretty sure mixing a six year old kid with lightning powers and water wasn’t going to end well. They had barely made into the pool without being electrocuted.

Tide would be back. Tide was strong, and got her way, and was friends with Coal. That took skill. She would come for them, just like in the facility. All Breeze had to do is wait.