First glimpse

Rae's POV

My alarm went off like it usually does every morning at 5:30. I got up turned it off I remembered that today was my first day at the new house in a new place miles and miles away from everything I knew it was all left back in California.

I felt so drained cause I had cried all night think of how horrible I felt for leaving my family behind.

I got up and went to my bathroom I looked in the mirror and broke right there I just thought about everything I had left and how horrible this day was going to be.

I thought I was crazy for being a sophomore and going into a new high school being the "new kid" I didn't want to go.

I decided that I wasn't going to try and make a good impression I just didn't care at that point I didn't want to do it anymore I was done with life already.

I decided to finally pick myself up and go to my closet I was already unpacked and all my thing were put away and clean so it was easy to pick an outfit.

I decided to wear something comfy cause I wanted to be comfortable and not dress to impress I wasn't into that.( wore the clothes in the photo with out the beanie)

I grabbed my bag and my phone and headed down stairs

My mom wasn't awake she was so exhausted from my younger siblings that were my little sister Faith 4 and my brother Izzie 3 and my brother Iga was 12.

I grabbed a water and that's all I wasn't hungry.

We only lived 5 minutes from the high school walking. I left on my walk to my new future.

I got there and I was 20 minutes early to be shown around the school. I had no idea who was showing me I didn't really care at the moment I just wanted to get it over with.

*At school*

I got to the main office and walked in. There was a woman at the front desk. She was grumpy and I just kept a smile.

I told her my name and where I was from and she told me to wait for the principle to get the student that showed me around. I stood and waited I looked around the room and it was gloomy and felt cold.

I was thinking about how horrible this day was going to be and how I was going to be lonely, it was just going to become the worst day of my life.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone said my name, it was the principle.

He looked mad and angry also he was standing next to a tall brunette boy with hazel eyes and he had a lazy eye it was so cute he gave me eye contact and he had a perfect smile with braces. I smiled back.