A New Threat

Vioces whispered in my ears. They whispered lies and terrible things. I tried to drowned them out but they got louder. One vioce told me of dangers. New dangers. Friends that will betray me. I didn't listen. I didn't want to listen. I wanted the darkness to leave. Shadows grew around me and I screamed. They engulfed me. I felt a shaking and the darkness left. I opened my eyes. Tears flooded my eyes. I clung to Yami's chest. He held me as the fear overwhelmed me. A relief broke my tears and it was quite. I heard hastened footsteps coming from upstairs in my friend's house. "What happened?" She yelled. I flinched and the tears threatened my eyes. "I don't know. She tossed and turned all night and then screamed. I woke her up and she was crying." Yami said in calming tone. "That's it. I'm buying a new house. Every time we're here something bad happens to her." (G/n) said picking up her phone and filing a complaint about her house and contacting a real estate agent. Yami kissed my forehead and tussled my hair. I felt better. I let go of him and he patted my head. We both smiled. We decided to leave considering (g/n) was selling her house. After Yami had stopped at his grandfather's shop he hugged me and walked inside. I walked back to my apartment. When I reached it, the door was unlocked. I had locked it the night before. I entered with caution. I turned on the lights and realized my house had been ransacked. What were they looking for? The door shut and I felt an arm around my throat. A rag covered my mouth and filled me with a sickly sweet smell. Chloroform. I struggled to get away but couldn't. I heard laughter. "Shes a real beauty, this should get me what I need,".