Overthinking

Ariana's P.O.V.
I sink into the couch hoping to feel the soft cushiony pillows, but intstead something jabs my spine. I shriek and jolt out of the sofa. I twist round ready to hug one of my dogs but something pulls me towards its chest. I open my eyes and crack a shy smile.
"Mac" I whisper and lean in for a kiss. I try to ignore the smell of liquor on his lips and hug him. Mac pecks my forehead and I look up to him with a drowsy eyes.
"M-mac are you gonna stay with me on the Dangerous Woman Tour?" I ask nervously. His relaxed position turns into a tense embrace. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping for the best.
"Ari babe, you know the Divine Femimist T-" Mac cuts himself off and cups my face. I look at something else to hide my tears.
"Hey look at me baby, everything's gonna be alright okay?" He rubs my arm reassuringly. I nod, knowing that he would be too busy with his own tour to acompany me on mine. I know I usually don't get worked up about these things but Mac helps me with basically everything I feel unsure about. He's been there when the hate comments get real bad, which has been going on a lot when I have been releasing any new material. I try to not look at the negative comments, but they are everywhere. Mac notices me overthinking, as I always do, and rubs my temples. I weakly smile.
Mac's P.O.V.
I pluck the small bunch of lavender from the table beside us and wave it in the air, I know it helps her sleep better. After a few minutes she conks out and rests her head on my chest, so I snake my arms under her back and legs and carry her to our bed. Making my way past the kitchen and the bathroom, I reach out bedroom and carefully lay her down on the sheets. Careful not to wake her up, I tip-toe to the other side and sink into the mattress.
I know she hasn't been taking the hate very well, I mean it's horrible no one would be able to. But it has really affected her, I noticed she has actually taken the negative comments into consideration like they are actually facts. I guess once a story has been told a thousand times, it becomes impossible to be false, its true. I hope she doesn't think the rumors are true though, because they aren't.

*Ari P.O.V

I wake up, disoriented. Reaching out to the opposite side of the bed, I feel cold, emptiness. The inanimate wrinkles of a bed sheet. I suck in a sharp breath and jerk up out of my bed, feeling the cold air inhabit the once warm cocoon of my blanket. My mind steadies itself. Malcolm. He was right here last night, I swear.

"M-Malcolm? Malcolm?" I shout, my voice echos though the white hallways. I hug my body, feeling imminently lonely. A chilly breeze slips through the creak of my bedroom door and as I walk to close it a hand snakes around my waist and hauls me backward. I shriek and twist my body around. Comforting my racing heart, I look up to see Mac.

"Babu-" My whisper is muffled as I speak into his warm chest. I wrap my arms lovingly around his back as he does the same.

"Baby, I saw you last night, you act like you haven't seen me in years" He laughs and sets his chin on my head. I look up, scratch his stubble, smooth back his hair then I drop my hands and look at the floor.

"I don't think I can do this" I mumble.

"Do what. Don't think you can do what Ari?" He gets on his knees and kisses my stomach then looks into my eyes. I giggle, then stop.

*Mac P.O.V

Her beautiful smile disappears and my heart simultaneously sinks.

*Ari P.O.V

"I, we're, both going on tour for a long time and I don't want to do it without you, I-I know it's impossible and I know we both have a lot of commitments but I'll be mess. I know you think I'm strong but I'm really not Malcolm" I swallow the lump in my throat and choke on my words, "And when we, what if we stop being this close after having this long distance relationshi-". I can barely finish my sentence without stuttering.

*Mac P.O.V

I grab her softly by the shoulders and look her straight in the eyes.

"Don't ever say, don't ever think that. Because you and I know that this connection is forever" I say reassuringly, "And remember, I wouldn't want to be in a world where I couldn't be beside you". I wrap my arms around her and kiss her forehead.