Chapter 6

Jake POV

Today's the day, and fuck am I excited.
I could barely sleep last night. But that's probably due to two things, the start of training and that certain blonde.

Fuck. I can't get her out of my head. She's so feisty and damn that body of hers could make the angels from above sing hallelujah. There's something about here that keeps me wanting more.

And no, I'm not a player. But I had made my way around a few beds. I get out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready. Soon, I'm dressed and heading down for breakfast.

As I open the fridge to get the milk out I see our dog leia running in with a... Sock? more specifically dad's sock. Soon I see dad running it with one of his shoes on, and the other one in his hand. "Leia get back here that's the last sock I have, you bit all the others" dad scowls trying to chase Leia.

Just then Luke walks in, "Luke get that bitch to give me my sock back!" He says as Luke gasps and gives him a shock expression. "Come on leia, give the grumpy old man back his socks and I'll give you a treat" Luke cooes scratching the back of her ear. He gets the sock and throws it at dad.

You see, leia is indirectly Luke's dog so she does listen to him the most. Mum comes around from behind dad and slaps his head, "Estúpido idiota llamando al perro una perra, vaca irrespetuosa" (stupid idiot calling the dog a bitch you disrespectful cow).

My dad gives her a ridiculous look and then kisses her, "well my love, you love this cow" he says kissing her again. Making the both of them smile. This happens everyday. I swear these two are the definition of PDA.

Before things got to heated, Luke and I bid our goodbyes to our parents and head out. Once at school, Luke heads off to his friends while I go to mine. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I put down my shades and make my way to the school entrance.

Nate spots me and comes over. "Hey man, you ready for the new season?" he ask's, doing our handshake thing. I give him a grin like the Cheshire cat. He just laughs shaking his head, "Let's go see the list" he says and I nod in agreement.

We go over to the notice board and see the team list is up.

1. Jake
2. Nate
3. Drew
4. Roy
5. Leon
7. Corey
8. Eric
9. Sean
10. Jackson
11. Ken

Looks like we've got three new guys; Leon, Drew and Ken. "Think the newbies are any good?" he ask's. I shrug "If their not, we can always whip them to it." I say giving him a smirk. He just shakes. his head and laughs lightly. With that we head off to class.

°

°

°

°

At practise

The day has been slow, and uneventful. But I couldn't care less because practice is starting now. We walk on the field and see coach.

He starts giving the normal 'do your best and don't mess around' talk and asks us to start warming up. I only see 10 of us. Someone isn't here.

Just before we started someone runs in. I have my back turned so I can't see who it is. "Sorry I'm late" that voice sounds all to familiar. I turn around to see Kennedy. "Sorry doll, the cheerleading practice is in the gym" one of the guys yell.

She just rolls her eyes, Wait a minute, Kennedy? "What is she doing here?" I ask coach. "Everyone welcome Kennedy, your new teammate. But you guys can call her Ken."

"But she's a girl" Roy points out. Kennedy looks annoyed, "Your point being?" she all but growls at him. "It's an all boys team babe, no girls" I say smirking at her.

If she was annoyed before, she is pissed now. She comes closer stepping just in front of me, "Are you saying I'm not 'good enough' for your little boys team? I am very much capable of it thank you. " she says glaring at me.

I take a step closer to her so there was very little place between us. She smelt sweet, like raspberry and guava. And it was driving me crazy.But I had to focus. "Prove it" I say smirking. I knew those two words were enough to irk her.

She gave me sarcastic smile and stepped back a bit. "Pick any one of your guys and I'll show you how I can whoop him faster then you can say asshole." I raise my eyebrows and give her an amused smile.

"Alright, Roy lets go. " Roy got up and came over."First to score two goals wins." She says tying her hair up into a high pony. Roy nods and they go to middle of the field where the goal post is.

"Go!" She yelled. Roy had the ball, he ran towards her and  she tried to steal the ball but he dodged and ran past her. She quickly caught up and managed to steal the ball. She moved so that she is running towards her goal.

Roy noticed and tried to catch up. He was getting closer, so she kicked the ball and it goes flying true the net of the goal. Some of the guys are cheering for her , while I and the others are standing there with our mouth open and wide eyes.

Roy grunts at her smug expression , while she just blows him a kiss and a wink making all the guys laugh. "Alright Roy, that's enough embarrassment for the guys. Let's switch it up, Jackson your up." Coach laughs.

Jackson is one of our best, he's a bastard at times, but a good striker. So this should be good. He went to the field and the game started. I was watching the game when coach comes up to me. " She's good Jake, she used to be the captain of her old team back home. They even won in some pretty big comps, but she had to give that all up when she moved here. Give her a chance." He says patting my back.

I was going to answer when I heard a girly voice say "Hah". I turn around to see Jackson on the ground with his arm wrapped around his head. While Kennedy had a smug expression "In your face you sexist jerk" she says while flipping her ponytail.

He lost. She won.

The guys and I all had shock expressions, with our mouths open. I bet we look like fishes out of water. "Surprised?" She asks as she comes over. The other guys mouths we still hanging open while I smiled at her.

An actual smile and what's more surprising, she smiled back.

And them was it beautiful. Even while sweating, she can still look absolutely beautiful. The way her dimples showed and her eyes sparkled with her smile. I sound like some chick but it was true. She is something else. Something else indeed.

Oh Princess, what are you doing to me ?