The truth or The lie

Francis helps Matthew baking cakes as he tries to keep an eye on where Arthur and Alfred might have gone. "Papa. Why haven't you been here so much? I mean it's has been while." 

Francis looks at him. "Oh, I have been quite busy and I have also spent some time with Arthur to fix our relationship a bit."

Mattie nodded. "Oh, I know. Arthur's been very sick and you needed to heal him, right? And you spend lots of time at his house." Waiting for corrections...

Francis smiled and look at him. "He was not sick, he just needs a break from work so I went to see what I could do for him but we were most in my place so if anyone would come and look for him they wouldn't find him."

His eyes widened slightly, but he kept his face down on the pastries. "I see... And you stayed together a long time..."

Francis went back to the baking. "Not so much since he wants to be alone but enough to stop fighting every hour at least."

"fighting...? I see. And you did it because you wanted to help him...?"

"Like we usually fight that's what I mean. And I did take him to my place to get him away from his home so he and I could be alone."

Matthew nodded. "I know why he's upset, Papa...I just don't understand why it happened..."

Francis looked at him. "what do you mean by why it happened?"

"I don't understand how it could've happened, you know...?" He placed the pastries into the oven. "I want to know how it happened so I can help, you know? He seems... so..."

Francis looks at him. "Tell me, Matthew, I want to know."

"Want to know...?"

"I want to know how you think he got so scared."

"I..." He turned his head away. "I don't like talking about it..."

Francis went over to him. "Please Mon érable, please tell me."

"well...It has to do with the nightmare... He knows the room... I don't know how he knows...But he's scared of it..."

"Like he has been in the room before and maybe found out what happened to it?"

"Exactly... Papa, what's going on? What's really going on"

"I think they might have the nightmare about that room because they both must have been in it at some point and not remembering about it."

"Oh, I think England remembers very well...And I think you know exactly where it is..."

"I don't know where the room it's or what Arthur  remember from being inside of the room."

Matthew frowned and turned his head away. "And I think I've been there, too..."

"Why do you think so?" Francis bites his lip as he looks for Arthur with his eyes.

"Because I have dreams of that dark figure in the room, but I'm looking on at Al, too... I think someone doesn't want us to remember something, papa... And I think you know who. And I think you're willing to protect that person more than us."

"I'm not Protecting Anyone, I'm keeping someone safe,"

He frowned at that, but he didn't say anything else.