Reynico April Fool's - Cody Morgan

"...and then, he jumped out of nowhere and screamed 'Happy Halloween!!'" I heard a girl cracking up while telling a story to a group of her friends. I sighed and sat up on my table, looking at my packed lunch. I've been having difficult days the last month and people avoided me like the plague. Bored, I pulled out my journal and began to write.

'She came out of nowhere. Her footsteps where silent and he couldn't remember seeing her before. She was wearing a simple white dress with no accessories. Thanks to many horror movies, his first thought was that she looked like a virgin sacrifice. The ones that you see in cheap-low-budget indie movies. But he couldn't take his eyes of her, as she was beautiful in a very intriguing way-'

"Mind if I join you?" I heard to my right and nodded, not paying enough attention. After a while I decided to at least acknowledge my companion, so I looked up. Dylan, the other intern, was smiling at me "How do you feel Cody?"

"There are days and days..." I recognized, shrugging. I wasn't going to talk about it, no matter how much they forced me into it. Dylan, however, just nodded.

"I get it... You remind me of my girlfriend..." I raised an eyebrow at him, confused by his words. Was he saying I look like a girl!? He must have sensed my confusion, cause he explained it "She also has some problems to deal with and doesn't wanna talk most of the time..."

"Oh..." I gasped, nodding at the end. The last thing I needed was to be told I look like a girl. I don't think my fragile self-esteem will allow it "Must be... must be hard deal with her, right?"

"Nah" Dylan shook his head "Sounds childish, but I always end up her funk with a tickle... At least, works" I involuntarily chuckled at that, earning a smirk from him. We soon resume our lunches in silence, and I put away my journal in my bag. Dylan stayed quiet until the end of lunch "Managed to write something today?" I looked at him, frowning.

"Write what?" I repeated, not understanding.

"In your journal" I must have paled, because he was quickly adding something "I didn't want to get noisy, but you looked so intense writing I didn't want to interrupt you before..."

"Um, yeah a little..." I blushed, thinking maybe it was stupid not to think that no one would write their things at a publisher during free time.

"I haven't had the time..." he told me, shrugging "Guess I don't have enough inspiration to write at the moment..." I looked at him, thinking about what I had written in the last days and I could consider myself lucky.

"Dylan!" Someone called him and he turned around to see the girl from before, whose name I never knew, coming to us, with a frown "Oh, hi Cody..."

"Hi, um... Sorry, I forgot your name..." I lied, placing my most fake smile on.

"Lucy" I moved my head, as if I just remembered. Which I haven't "Dylan, I was wondering if you could talk Mr. Grayson if he could read my manuscript today..." she changed to flirty and nice in a second, batting her lashes as if she usually get everything with that. Dylan looked impassive, even looking bored.

"Mr. Grayson is very busy, Lucy... I cannot promise he read it... before the end of the month" That last part made Lucy gap at him, not sound coming out. Obviously, she didn't expect that answer.

"Um, I guess is alright then..." she mumbled, handling a stack of papers to Dylan and leaving.

"I'm tired of being asked that... That's the fourth today!" he complained. But, my mind was rushing against the clock, something I haven't done since my difficult days started. It's been a while since my playful side came out and I was missing that balance in me. I didn't notice that Dylan was staring at me nor that I was smiling like a devil "Um, Cody...?"