High Enough

It had been a few weeks since the Niners attacked our transport, and since Opie proposed to me. Jax decided to not seek retaliation since there was no bloodshed, and the club backed him up. Opie and I still havent told anybody, but Opie was pushing for me to say something, as he couldnt hide it from his best friend and family for much longer.

Truthfully, I was afraid to tell people. In this life it seems whenever good news comes around, something has to bring it crashing down, covering everything with its rubble. I hated keeping such a big secret from my mother, and i know she would hate to find out how long i kept this secret from her.

I climbed out of the shower and got dressed for the long day ahead of me. I brushed my hair and my teeth, feeling sick after doing so. I walked into the bedroom, putting my boots on. I knew today would have to be the day I told my family. I had a deadline according to Opie, and if I didnt tell my mom and brother, he'd tell them the way he wanted to. I watched as he got dressed himself, pulling his white shirt onto his toned body. He smiled at me and i bit the inside of my lip.

"You ready to do this?" He asked, walking over to me with the engagement ring he bought me. I silently nodded my head, and he slid the ring on my finger. This would be the first time i wore the ring outside of these bedroom walls. He gave me a kiss on my head, and we walked out of the bedroom hand in hand.

We walked straight to the TM office, and found my mother and Nero talking with each other. Their conversation stopped when they saw us, and my mom turned her attention towards me.

"Hey darlin', whats up?" She took her reading glasses off setting them down on the desk in front of her.

"Ope and I just wanted to tell you something."

"Do you want me to go?" Nero asked, while pointing towards the door. I shook my head to say 'no'.

I looked up at Opie and he nodded his head, giving me enough reassurance to tell my mother and Nero the news. I looked over at my mom and a soft smile spread across my face.

"Opie proposed to me." I took a deep breath, and my mom started to smile. "I said yes." Opie wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I watched as my emotional mother started tearing up.

"Its about damn time." She said, while walking over to Opie and I, pulling us into a hug. I reached my hand out to Nero, and he walked over to us and joined our group hug.

"Congratulations, you two are a beautiful couple." Nero said, while letting go of me and my mom.

"Thanks man." Opie said to him, while pulling him in for a hug.

My mom walked over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Im so happy for you, and I know your dad would be too." I felt a small tear slid down my cheek, and as my mom pulled away she noticed and wiped it away.  "Does your brother know?" I looked over at Opie and my mom rolled her eyes.

"I know he will be happy for you." My mom said, and I nodded my head.

"I think we should go tell him now." I looked over at Opie and nodded my head. I felt a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders after telling my mom, and i had more confidence telling Jax. I walked over to Opie, and he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Congrats you two." My mom said as we walked out of the office. As we walked into the clubhouse, my brother pulled up on his bike.

"You go ahead into the Chapel. I'll bring him in." Opie said to me, leaning down and giving me a quick kiss. I walked into the clubhouse, going straight into the Chapel. I took my normal spot, and after a minute of waiting Opie and my brother walked in, shutting the door behind them. I stood up, and Opie walked over to me, while my brother hesitated to move.