Aftermath

We got back to the clubhouse late that night, and I had passed out due to a mix of booze and cocaine. I woke up in my old room, confused and with a pounding headache. I got up, and went to my bag, looking for what I had left of my disastrous choice. I searched through the whole bag, and it wasn't there.

"Shit" I murmured.

"Looking for something?" Opies voice came from the corner of the room.

"Fuck!" I shouted, startled. He was holding the small bag of cocaine in his hand. "Did you tell Jax?" He nodded. I walked over to him, trying to snatch the bag from his hands.

"You really think I'm going to let you have the rest?" He got up walking to the bathroom. I grabbed onto him, trying to fight for it but my small frame was nothing against him.

"You have no say in what I do." I shouted and he dumped it in the toilet, flushing it down the drain. "Fuck you!" I shouted, angry at him for everything. "Fuck you for everything you've ever done to me."

"Don't put this on me." He shouted, pointing to the toilet. "You chose to go and get that on your own." He walked out of the bathroom and I shoved him with all that I could. He stumbled forward a bit, but that was it.

"You fucked with my head so much Opie." I stared shouting through tears. "I can't even begin on what to think about you, it's like one second I hate you, and the next second I can't picture myself without you." He turned around and faced me. "All I've wanted since I was 16 was you. You and me living a life as perfect as we could, but you have to go and fuck it up." I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down and stop the heavy sobs. "Am I not good enough for you? Is that what this is?" He shook his head. "Just answer me this, do you still love her Opie?" I stared at him, and he looked back, his expression blank. After a few seconds of him not answering, I bit my lip, trying to fight back the urge to break down completely. "I guess that answers my question."

I slid the engagement ring off of my finger, showing it into his hand as I pushed past him. I  ran down the hallway, and out of the clubhouse, running into my brother on the way out.

"Shit Jax I'm sorry, did I hit your shoulder?"
He shook his head, stopping me and looking me in the eyes.

"What's wrong, what happened?" He asked, worry filling his eyes. I just shook my head, and then shrugged my shoulders. 

"I have no fucking clue what just happened, or what's going to happen." I paused for a second. "I'm just done with it." My eyes found themselves staring off the the distance, and they grew heavy, as if I couldn't move them back.

"What are you talking about?" He asked again, growing more concerned about my state of mind.

"Go ask Opie." I said. I turned around and walked out to my bike, admiring it as I climbed onto it. I started it up, and I left the lot, with no intention of ever going back.

Jaxs POV

"Juice go follow Jacklyn, let me know if she does anything stupid."

"Got it Pres." he got up and left the clubhouse, and I walked down the hallway, hoping my best friend was in one of the rooms. I walked into what was my sisters room, and found him sitting on the bed, looking at pictures.

"What the hell did you say to my sister?" I asked him, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. He looked up at me, and I could tell he had been crying.

"Nothing." He paused. "I didn't say a damn thing, and I fucked up." He held up the ring he gave to my sister when he proposed. "I lost her Jax, my selfish, dumbass lost her."

"I'm not gonna disagree with you on that one." He rolled his eyes at me, and I grinned. "You know if you were any other guy I would've had you six feet under by now." I raised an eyebrow to him and he nodded in response.

"I deserve to be 60 feet under." He ran his hand over his beard and shook his head in disbelief. "I just don't know why I can't give her what she deserves."

"We grew up in a life that knew no stability. We never had perfect parents to show us how to create a perfect family Ope." He nodded in agreement, his eyes fixated on the floor. "As fucked up as it is, this is as close to perfect as our lives are gonna get. We all know that around here, but we have each other. At the end of the day, everybody would still take a bullet for the person they're angry with cause that's just what the club is all about." I stubbed my cigarette out into the ash tray on my sisters dresser.

I knew the level of love Opie held for my sister. When we were younger, he would stand up for her. He wasn't afraid to kick my ass if I was being unfair to her. That level of friendship grew as they did. In our early teenage years, he became more protective of my sister than I was, and after a few years admitted that his protection had grew out of jealousy. In this life no relationship is perfect though, and every couple goes through shit that would be deemed unacceptable to people who were raised in a stable family.

"Ope, I know my sister, and I know she's hurt, but I also know that if you give her time and you seriously clean up your act, you two can be strong again."