St. Thomas

I sat down at my mothers kitchen table, uncomfortable and tired from lack of sleep. I reached for her pack of cigarettes, grabbing one and placing it between my lips. Just as I grabbed the lighter a hand snatched the cigarette from my mouth. I sighed, laying my head on the table.

"That boys lung need all the development they can get. Do you really want his nickname to be wheezy?" My mom asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's been 26 weeks since I've had one, I think the kid will be fine." I sat up, placing my hand on my rounded belly.

"Yeah, and you'll make it to 40." She lit one up herself, blowing the smoke in the opposite direction of me. "You get ahold of Opie or your brother yet?" I shook my head no, standing up and gathering my purse and keys.

"We were busy with club shit." My brother stepped between us, attempting to calm me down.

"What club shit?" I asked, and he shook his head. "I am still apart of this club Jackson."

"As of right now, you aren't. What happened in Nevada is club business."

"Fuck you." I spat at my brothers feet, turning around and walking to my vehicle as quickly as my overly pregnant ass could.

I started to open the door and I felt a familiar hand grab my shoulder. I maneuvered out of his grasp, trying to ignore him.

"I'm sorry." He said, walking to face me.

"Sorry for what Opie? Ignoring your pregnant fiancée for three days while you're out fucking some cro eaters?" I opened my door, and climbed into my jeep.

"That wasn't what was going on." He said and I shook my head.

"Until you guys can tell me what was going on, I just can't believe you."

I shut my door, starting the engine and peeling out of the parking lot.

Once I got inside my house, my phone rang and I picked it up. My mother was one the other end.

"What the hell was that about? And aren't you supposed to be watching Thomas?" She asked.

"Jax is home, he can watch his own kid." I heard a bike pull up and I looked out the window to find Opie climbing off his bike. "I gotta go. I'll call you later." I ended the call, walking into the nursery.

I stood over the crib, my eyes taking in every detail of the sheets. I heard a light knock at the doorway, and I turned to see Opie leaning against the frame. His eyes met mine and I walked over to the rocking chair, sitting down.

"You gonna tell me what happened?" He ran his hand over his beard and nodded his head.

"When we were out there we got into some shit with a couple guys-" I held my hand up cutting him off.

"Who's we Opie?"

"Jax and I, some guys were saying shit and eventually we all got into it. Cops picked us up." He paused for a second. "That's why I couldn't answer your calls."

"So why didn't somebody call me and tell me what was going on?" I looked down at the ground, questions filling my head every second.

"Jax didn't want you knowing, he was afraid of you wanting to come back on runs again, to make sure this shit doesn't happen." He walked over to me, reaching his hand out to help me up. I ignored his gesture, pushing myself up and out of the chair.

"So what know? You're gonna leave me and get stuck in jail for a few months?" I asked, walking to the kitchen.

"No, charges were dropped, we made sure of it."