★ | 005. the three headed dog

Book: Breakaway, Harry Potter Series
Chapter 5: The Three Headed Dog
Word Count: 2350

Book: Breakaway, Harry Potter SeriesChapter 5: The Three Headed Dog Word Count: 2350

He was finally at the class most students were excited for. Flying practice. It was exactly something that Jackson had a lot of interest in but the thought of flying around the sky, still made some excitement enter him.

"Good afternoon, class." Madam Hooch spoke loudly as she walked down the path that was between the students.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch."

"Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

Jackson hurriedly did as told, pushing his hand to hover over the broom. "Up!" He yelled but frowned when nothing happened. "Up!" He yelled again. Still nothing.

He looked to the side, seeing Harry's broom fly straight into his hand and pouted. Why hadn't that happened to him. He looked to the other side and started feeling better when he saw both Ron and Hermione struggling as well.

"With feeling!" Madam Hooch commanded.

"Up!" Ron shouted, only for the broom to fly up and smack him straight in the nose. Jackson couldn't help the small amount of giggles that escaped his mouth. "Shut up." Ron mumbled at his two laughing friends.

After another couple minutes, Jackson finally got the broom into his hand with a proud smile. "Yes!"

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." The class did as told. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle... 3... 2..."

Neville Longbottom immediately started hovering in the air and before Jackson could be impressed he noticed the terrified expression on the boy's face.

"M-M-Mr. Longbottom Mr. Longbottom!" Madam Hooch called but Neville was already soaring away, his screams of terror being heard by everyone. "Come back down this instant!"

He soared through the air, occasionally, his broom knocking into the walls of Hogwarts. Luckily it was only his broom and not his body. "Help!" He came flying back to the group, making them all duck down.

He zoomed straight past them back towards the tall tower. "Ahhhh! Whoa! Ahhh!" His cloak catches on one of the sharp spears a statues was holding out the broom was gone. Jackson's eyes widened as now Neville was hanging from the statue, wrong move and he could fall.