Getting To Know The Family

My name is Katniss Mellark. I am 28 years old. I have a husband that loves me. Two beautiful children named Rose, just the age of 6, and Mark the age of 2...  My second child with Peeta. And one on the way... 

We all live in District 12. My sweet little sister died in the rebellion, which my (ex) best-friend, Gale, Peeta, me, and everyone Ioved and cared about participated in. At least I still have my beautiful family, Haymitch, Effie, and the friends that I have made during the rebellion, and have survived the war. 

I am 2 months pregnant. I have a stomach, but it's hardly noticeable. When I first found out I was pregnant for the third time, I was terrified, but not as terrified as I first pregnancy. But when I told Peeta, he was the happiest person in the world! Jumping up and down and was already think of names for the baby. 

During my first pregnancy, I was scared. Scared that my child, mine and Peeta's child's name would be drawn from a crystal ball at the reaping. Scared that my child would have to go though all the stuff me and Peeta have been put though. 

But I got used to the idea of having a child. Even though at first it was just me owing Peeta for the bread he gave me when I was about to die. Peeta took a beating from his own mother for me. So I thought it was only fair that I would make him happy by bringing a child, his child in to this world. But when I was about 6 months pregnant, with my belly growing bigger and bigger everyday,  and already buying baby supplies. The idea was already growing on me. 

The birth of Rose was the worst pain I have ever experienced. But Peeta was there, the whole time, when my water broke, to when I had to deliver. Peeta was there when I was screaming my head off and calling him nasty names, telling him that this was the first and last child I would ever bring into this world. And if he wanted to make love to me again he would have to either use a condom or their would be no love making of any kind.  

Where as for Mark, the birth was painful but since I already knew what to expect, it was endurable, painful but endurable. This birth wasn't as long as Rose's either. But I was still yelling at Peeta that this would be the last child too. But all he said was "Sure, ok Katniss."  

The night we conceived this child that I am now carrying , Peeta did not use his words to see if we could have another child. But I wanted another little girl or boy running around the house. These children grow up so fast. It seems like just yesterday Rose was crying in the middle of the night for the fifth time because she was hungry or just needed a diaper changed. Yes, at first, I was reluctant to wake up every 2 or 3 hours for a baby. But after a while, I got used to it and when Haymitch offered to watch my little girl for the night. I felt hallow, but I have Peeta there. When that happened, he was all I needed to block out the pain of not waking up in the middle of the night to take care of my little Rose... But not for long. 

With Mark, again, I knew what to expect. As in waking up every 2 hours to feed him, change dippers, or just to hold my little man in my arms. And just know that he will be safe from The Hunger Games.  

With this child. My hormones were raging. When Peeta asked me how my day was, at first I would yell at him. Saying "How dare you!" and "What is your problem?" Then I would just cry my eyes out. Saying "I'm so sorry" and just crying on his shirt. 

But in the end he is always there. And I love my Boy with the Bread. And my family.