Showers

8 Months Pregnant with Twins

Today's the day. Today's the day my mother comes to visit to help plan the babies' shower.

The whole night was very uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep, even with all the pillows we have. I can hardly move in bed, Hayley always has the the hick-ups, and Tim is always awake. So I don't really get that much sleep.

I open my eyes to a beautiful sunrise. I look at the clock on the bedside table. It's 5:30. Wow, I only got about 6 hours of sleep. Well that's better then yesterday. Yesterday I only got about 3 hours of sleep.

"Good Morning" He says. I didn't even know he was awake. Which causes me to jump.

"Good Morning" I reply, moving my hands towards Peeta's so I can pull him closer to me. Then I get a braxton hicks contraction, and my stomach turns hard as rock. Peeta realizes why I stopped so suddenly. Mostly because his hand was on my stomach, so he can feel the hardness of my belly.

I groan, and put another pillow on to my head. Peeta just laughs at this, which only upsets me.

"What? What is so damn funny?" I say, practically yelling into the pillow.

"Shh. You don't want to wake the children, do you? And I'm laughing because you so cute when you're frustrated." He says hugging me, or at least trying to.

"So you think that it's funny that I can't even kiss my husband because of my planet sized stomach?!" I say in a hushed tone.

"You think you look like a planet?" He says moving closer to me.

"YES! I'M FREAKING HUGE! AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE PREGNANT! YOU MEN HAVE IT SO MUCH EASIER THEN WOMEN DO! IT'S NOT FAIR!" I continue in a hushed tone.

"Okay, okay. That maybe be true. But if I could, you know I would take your place. Don't you?" He says. God, I can't stay mad at him for long.

He leans down and gives me a long, passionate kiss. When he pulled away, I was no where near done with the kiss. 

"I love you" I say "But I do look like a planet." I say quickly.

"No you don't"

"Yes, I do."

No, you don't"

"Yes, I DO!"

"Okay, fine. If that's what you want to hear. Yes, you are a planet. But a very sexy planet at that." He says kissing me again.

I needed to take a shower. Now.

I walk to our bathroom turn on the water. But before I step into the shower I thought of something.

I walk back into our bedroom and see Peeta looking for something to wear today when we pick up my mother up from the train station.

"Peeta, do you want to join me?" I ask, and he turns his body away from the dresser and starts walking towards me. His lips reach mine. Before I could react, we were already in the bathroom, taking off our clothes. Within seconds, we were in the shower. The water really hot against our warm bodies. He washes my hair and I wash his. Between kisses that is.

When we are done with the shower, it's already 6:00 when I'm dressed and my hair already braided.

I was facing towards the window seal, staring into space.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Peeta asks, walking up behind me, putting his arms around my expanded waist and belly.

"I don't know. Surprise me." I say, turning to Peeta to kiss him. Peeta meets me halfway, and this kiss is electric. I never wanted this to end. But my body had other plans. My stomach growled so loud, Peeta could hear it.