Surprise

Today, I woke up and ran strait to the bathroom.  Peeta followed me to the toilet to hold back my hair, and rub my back. 

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm here, I'm here." Peeta says. 

After about 10 minutes of that, I finally got up from the bathroom floor. 

"I wonder why my morning sickness is so strong. It's starting to get really annoying." I say. 

"It's okay. We'll just ask Dr. Lynn. And we'll see what she says, okay?" Peeta says. 

I completely forget about the doctor's appointment at 3:30 this afternoon. Thank god I have Peeta helping me though out my pregnancy. If I didn't have him I would most likely just stay at home not doing anything, not going anywhere like doctor's appointments or buying baby supplies for that matter.  

"Are you hungry? Wait what am I talking about, your always hungry. What do you want for breakfast?" Peeta asks in the most sweetest tone he could possibly use, because he knows how on edge I am at the moment, with all my hormones and all." 

"Yea, can you make some blueberry pancakes, please." I ask 

"Sure thing, sweetheart" Peeta says, kissing my forehead before going into the kitchen. 

I wash my face, then brush my teeth. Before Rose or Mark wake up, I get dressed for the day and braid my hair into my simple everyday braid. After I finish all that, I wake up the children for breakfast, that I knew was ready because of the sweet scent floating in the air. Hmmm. Blueberry pancakes. 

When I enter Rose's bedroom I see she is already awake, just sitting on her bed. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, confusion, anger from the morning sickness, and worry cross my face, all at the same time. Curse the stupid hormones. 

"Yes momma, I'm fine. Are you okay?. I heard you in the bathroom." Rose asks with worry-filled eyes. 

"Yes darling, I'm fine. It's just morning sickness." I say and my emotions are gone when I see her eyes fill with relief. 

"What's 'morning sickness' momma?" she asks, and I realize we haven't told the children that I'm pregnant. 

Oh boy. How am I going to tell my 6 year old daughter that I am pregnant, without her asking questions like 'Where do babies come from?' or 'Why are you pregnant?' 

"I will tell you later on today, we are going to the meadow for an afternoon picnic." I say, trying to avoid the ultimate question. Knowing very well that I can't avoid it forever. 

"We're going for a picnic today? When?" she asks with excitement. 

"After I come back from my doctor's appointment, sweetie" I say and her eyes widened, I couldn't help but giggle. 

"Okay. Is breakfast ready?" she asks. 

"Yes, I was going to wake you for breakfast then I saw you here all alone. Are you sure you're okay?" 

"Yes momma, I am fine now I know you're not sick anymore." She says. 

"Okay then, you go downstairs for breakfast and I'll go wake up your brother" 

"Okay" She says, then darts out of the room for some breakfast. 

When I go into Mark's room, I see him fast asleep in his crib. Maybe I shouldn't disturb him. I think to myself. But I know deep down if I let him sleep in he will be off his schedule, so I decide to wake him up. 

By the time we get down stairs, I see Peeta and Rose sitting at the table, waiting for me and Mark to join. Since Mark can't eat every solid just yet, I walk over to the kitchen and grab some veggies. 

Then I sit him in his baby chair and feed him while the others eat. 

When I'm done. I finally eat 4 pancakes. I don't know where they go but I just can't stop eating them.  

Once I'm done I help clean up. Then go upstairs to lay down. For some reason I've had the worse back pain today. So with that said I fall onto the bed head first.

Then Peeta walks in. 

"Are you in pain? Is there something I can do?" He asks with worry and guilt at the same time. 

"Yea, can you give me a back massage? Please." The back pain is so bad, I am begging him to give me one. 

"Sure" He says as he walks closer and motions me to lay on the bed. 

Peeta gives the best massages. The second when he touched my skin I felt better. 

When he finishes I look at the clock. 

It's 2:00. 

"I have to go take a shower. We need to start to get ready." I say. 

"Okay, do you want me to join you?" Peeta says with a grin on his face. 

"Later, but right now we have to get ready. I'm really nervous about this appointment. It's the first appointment and I'm just not in the mood. Later, I promise." 

"Okay. I will hold you that though." He says. 

Peeta saying that makes me giggle. 

I kiss him on the lips, then pull away. Because I know if I didn’t, we would be late for our appointment. 

I get a pair of jeans, a thin shirt, considering it's summer and almost 80 degrees outside. 

Once I'm done with my long hot shower, I dress slowly, I guess trying to slow down time. 

I am not ready for the appointment. 

By the time I'm done putting on my hunting boots. It’s 3:10. 

I tell Peeta that we have to go, and he come down the stairs with in 5 minutes. I get the kids' toys and stuff they need. For the appointment they are staying with Uncle Haymitch.  

When we reach the clinic. We go sign in and around 3:35 our names are called. I lay on the bed for the baby's first ultrasound. Dr. Lynn squirts gel on my stomach and surly enough she said 

"Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Mellark. You are expecting Twins!"  

Peeta was even more excited.

But I was speechless. I couldn't even form words. Nothing.