chapter 7: second night (part three)

NOTICE: EXTREMELY LONG PARTS AND STORY AHEAD, SO GET READY!

Also, I want to say this not sounding snobbish (so sorry in advance), but if you're character dies please be a good sport about it. I haven't had anyone do this (so you guys are awesome :) and here's what I was worrying writing and sounding snobbish, but i would really appreciate it if you kept reading because your votes and comments make my day. Of course, I'm not going to be that person that always forces people to keep reading, just know that I appreciate it :)

And lastly, no, not all characters/character deaths will be in here because at only 3 and a half parts I have over 3000 words, and this is officially the longest chapter I have ever wrote in my life....

Ok now that that's over, enjoy!

---

"Amethyst, wake up!" Kelvin shoved the girl in the arm, but she swatted him away. 

"What?" She groaned.

"Come and get your lazy butt off of the ground and look," said Zane. She was annoyed, tired enough since she hadn't slept the entire games, and what she knew was that it was the middle of the night. She barely opened her eyes, and felt a small drop of cold liquid on her cheek. She wiped it off.

"Are you drooling on me?" She asked, too tired to open her eyes fully.

"No, better," said Zane. Amethyst reluctantly sat up, finally her eyes completely open. And she was glad she did. The sky was still dark, but now rain clouds covered it and water burst from them.

"Woah," she said. "grab something to catch it in!" She smiled and laughed, knowing that her dehydration wouldn't last long anymore. Her hair that was held back into a ponytail then started to get flat again, Zane's medium length hair doing the same. She held back her head, letting the water run into her throat.

Zane bent down and grabbed a piece of grass, quickly stitching together a basket. He held it under the sky, watching it slowly fill up. He set it on the ground, and waited. He made a few more, setting them up around their camp. Amethyst grabbed more leaves and folded them so that they could catch water and set those up too, Kelvin helping. The three of them caught as much water as possible, occasionally drinking a few sips. When they were done, they didn't know how they could possibly use it all before it evaporated.

Amethyst was still grinning stupidly, blessed that she woke up and that the gamemakers weren't as merciless as she had thought. Kelvin sipped on one of the leaves, coughing a few times before it fully went down. Zane looked back and forth from Amethyst and Kelvin. He didn't want to think like he was, but he had no choice at that point. He couldn't kill either of them, not what they both did for one another. Kelvin was his best friend, and Amethyst had saved both of their lives. They cancelled each other out.

Soon, the rain stopped. Amethyst's hair was soaking, and looked like she was more out of a shower than out of bed in the wilderness, Zane and Kelvin looking the same. 

They were all excited at that moment. 

Then, something startled them. Everyone fell silent. Kelvin tried to say something, but Zane put his hand over his mouth, stopping him.

"Crap," Amethyst mumbled. It started as a small shake of the trees, but then started to grow. Her eyes widened, trying to stand as still as possible. But then it grew even more, and even the sky rumbled at it's presence. A large, tall, black scorpion was in front of them, it's jaw bleeding and it's purple-hexagon eyes darker than the night sky they were under then, it's skin beating it by an small shade. It hissed.

"Go," said Zane, quietly. Then his voice got louder. "Go!"

Amethyst and Kelvin didn't stop to think. They just did