you are the worst, burr

NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL
"I saw Twitter last night." Riley walked up to my desk at home room, it was before the bell rang, so we were aloud to walk around.
"Ok?" I replied, only half knowing what she was talking about, she was either talking about the video or pictures from last night.
"You can't just walk around like you run the place." She set a hand on my desk as I pulled out a pencil.
"I don't think I am." I shrugged, and smiled a little, as the bell rang.
"Just remember, you aren't his actual daughter, you're adopted." She sneered and walked away as Mr. Leo walked in.
"Ok, here's the warm-up, you have 5 minutes to complete it." Mr. Leo said and I pulled out the warm up paper I got yesterday.
I tried to answer the warm up best I could, but the word adopted continued to ring through my head, and Daisey wasn't here today , she couldn't help me.
The class was over soon enough, and I was off to the class I was dress coded at yesterday. Hopefully I wouldn't get dress coded today, I'm literally wearing black leggings, a white t shirt and black and white Nikes.

  "Hi, Ms

"Hi, Ms. Simmons." I greeted and walked toward the middle of the classroom, she never answered me.
"Good morning class." She smiled when the bell rang, "No warmup today, book pages 23-26, all the problems, get me if you need help."
She's one of these teachers.
I sighed and took the book off of my desk and opened to page 23. I got out a sheet of paper and tried to figure out how to use to formula. But there was no way I was asking her for help. I tapped my pencil against my leg and tried to write something down.
After a long 50 minutes, the bell finally rang, and I was heading to my American History class. I got pushed throughout the hallway as I looked for the class. Daisey had mentioned it was at the very end of the left side of the hallway, so that's where I was heading. I finally found the room and the teacher was sitting at the desk.
"Hi, my name is Bailey, I'm new?" I repeated what I said yesterday.
"Nice to meet you, Bailey, I'm Mr. Dawson," This teacher seemed cool, I was excited for this class. "Can I have your last name for seating?"
"Miranda." I replied and he looked up.
"Sorry if this is inappropriate, but do you know Lin-Manuel Miranda?" I nodded.
"That's my dad." I replied.
"Cool, row 1, seat 6 from the left. The beginning of the alphabet is in the back and the end is in the front." He explained and I thanked him.
I sat in my seat as more people lingered in.
"If you're past row 2 seat 5, move one to the left." Everyone knew what he was talking about, he seemed like a pretty cool teacher. "Ok, the warm up question today is, Who is one person who did not sign the Declaration of Independence?" People started to raise their hands so I guess they didn't have written warm up. Mr. Dawson started pointing at people and they would quickly answer.
"George Washington." 
"Benjamin Franklin!"
"No actually," Mr. Dawson said, "He did sign."
"George Clinton!"
"Ok thank you everyone. Today we start on American Revolution," He started, "we've talked about different American suffrage, so I thought we would end the year with how America started."
He instructed that we pulled out paper for notes, so I pulled out a notebook.
"So we will be doing names of founding fathers, and what they did. George Washington, who can tell me about him, Maxwell?" Mr. Dawson pointed to a boy in the back of the classroom.
"He was the first president, Mr. Dawson, he was also a general, and he's on the one dollar bill and the quarter I think." He replied and the teacher nodded.
"You all can write down what Maxwell just said and does anyone have anything else to add?" After no one answered, he moved on, "Thomas Jefferson, Emma?"
"He signed the Declaration of Independence, he's on the two dollar bill, and he owned a bunch of slaves right? I don't know." The girl shrugged and Mr. Dawson nodded.
"Ok, good. Bailey, this one is for you, Alexander Hamilton tell me everything you know." Yippee.
"He was George Washingtons right hand man, he created our modern financial system, he was originally from the Caribbean islands but moved here after a letter he wrote got around and everyone thought he needed higher education so they sent him to America." I looked up at the teacher who was smiling and nodding, "He got married to Elizabeth Schuyler, and they had 7 children together. His oldest son, Philip died in a duel, and the next child they had was also named Philip. And he cheated on his wife and then told on himself, he also may have had an affair with Angelica Schuyler Church, who was his sister in law." I finished and someone muttered how I was a show off.
"Very good Bailey, Benjamin Franklin, anyone?" I zoned out and thought about how I would get so much crap because I knew all this, then that I was only getting called on because of Lin.
TIMESKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL
"How was your day?" Vanessa asked as I got in the front seat.
"Good I guess, the history teacher embarrassed me and made me tell everyone about Alexander Hamilton because we're talking about the revolution." Vanessa laughed.
"Lin would love that story." She joked.
"Someone called me a show off! It was bad." I replied.
"Whatever," She smiled, "I have to work tonight so I'm dropping you off home, remind Lin to order pizza." Vanessa said once we pulled in to the parking lot.
"Ok, have a good night, day, I don't know." I laughed at myself and walked up the stairs and into the apartment.
"Hey Lin." I walked in, i almost forgot my key this morning so that would've been bad. "V wanted me to remind you to order food."
"Right, how was your day?" He asked from the couch, with Seb on his lap.
"Terrible," I exaggerated, "My history teacher knows who you are and made me tell everyone about Hamilton the person." Lin laughed at me to. Why do they find this funny. I rolled my eyes and sat next to him, starting to laugh with him, then I joked,
"You are the worst."
-
-
-
Sorry the ending is kind of rushed but I wanted to post this today for a certain reason, so keep reading if you want a new book recommendation or inspiration.
One year ago today I had to quit gymnastics because of an injury, I couldn't do beam, floor or vault anymore so I switched to only competitive cheer, where I used to do both. 3 months ago today I decided I was going to try and get some skills back. Today I got my back tuck back, it's a little messy but it's there. I still have more to get back, like front aerial and aerial, but it's a start. This is your reminder to never give up.
Next, I've been reading PJTheTrashCan 's Adopted by Jasmine and Anthony, and it's really good! You should definitely check it out !