#6

When we were finally alone at this place you called your haven, feeling comfortable with the overwhelming scent of grass, you filled this night with the memories you are sharing with me. More than your wonderful stories, it was your voice that I enjoyed listening to.

We were both laughing when you looked at me and said, "Hey, that's why I like you. You laugh at everything I say."

I wiped the tears at my face caused by too much joy, that's what I always get when I laugh so hard. When my hand felt my tears, your words started to sink in and I found myself asking, "You like me?"

You gazed at the stars above while I stared at your face, waiting for your answer. You closed your eyes for a while, your breathing became a lullaby. You were enjoying the air of calmness when I looked at the skies and realized that the stars I saw from your eyes are better than the stars we were both watching tonight.

Silence filled the ground, no one dared to say anything. And just right there, if I had stereos beside me, I knew exactly which song I'd play.

With our pinkies touching each other-- not minding the itchiness of the grass, I almost wished that the world would stop for us.

"What do you think about... this?"

And I knew he meant home. Home between two individuals who found happiness in each other's voices.

There was some seriousness in your tone and a certain sincerity in your eyes. And that, maybe, brought me the relief I had been missing for a while.

"This..." I say, "would make a good poem."