11...

Tooth looked absolutely helpless, frantically trying to find her fairies and clear the rubble, but it was all in vain.

“Tooth!” Bunny called.

“All gone! They’re all gone!” Tooth spoke of her fairies, which were also her best friends aside from the other Guardians.

“No.” Jack held out his hand and Baby Tooth flew toward Tooth.

“Oh! It warms my heart to know at least one of you is okay!” Tooth embraced Baby Tooth and looked at Jack with gratitude.

“Thank you.” She smiled.

“No problem.” He replied.

“Ah, so glad to see you all here!” called out a voice that sent shivers up my back. Out of habit, I grabbed at my charm.

“My, my, what a devastating surprise, huh Fairy?” Pitch taunted. She lunged at him, quite enraged. He slipped into the shadows and popped out behind Bunny, who whipped around, trying to hit him.

“Oops! Too slow! I guess you Guardians are too old for the job after all. It would be much easier to hand over the reins to someone more powerful, like me.” Pitch told.

“Never.” North growled.

“Oh my, is that Jack Frost?” Pitch chuckled.

“Yeah, what of it?” Jack asked coldly, reaching out for my hand for comfort.

“I didn’t know you guys were so…” Pitch’s gaze rested on me, “close.” He finished.

“You know, you can feel it now. They’re not believing.” Pitch sneered and dissipated into a dark flash. Tooth fell to the floor amongst the shredded feathers.