19...

Bunny was frantically trying to save Easter. The kids did not believe… again. I was still trying to recover from my encounter with Seth. Jack flew in and I looked at him with pleading eyes, trying so hard to believe that it was a mistake. I looked at his hand. The teeth.

 “You were with Pitch!” I screamed.

 “No, Melody…” he protested. Bunny came up to him and yelled

“I knew we should never have trusted you! Without Easter, there is no hope. There is none anymore Jack.” Tooth’s voice cut in,

“Jack, I can’t believe you.” North was last, staring him down.

“Jack how could you?” he asked and watched as Jack threw a tiny wooden baby on the grass. He looked at me.

“Please Melody.” He seemed sincere.

“Jack,” I whispered. “Seth is alive. You claimed you weren’t like him.” My voice revealed my tone of regret. I let tears flow again.

“I trusted you.” I whispered.

“I love you Melody.” Jack called, begging. The blue eyes pierced into mine, anguish and pain expecting my reaction.

“STOP!” I yelled. “Stop with your games. Stop with your lies. Stop being in my life. I get it. I’m a stupid, naïve, innocent girl that you can take advantage of! Go tell Pitch that I hate him, I hate Seth, and I hate you!” Even as I said it, I knew it was a lie.

“You don’t hate me.” Jack sounded hurt.

“No, I don’t but just leave and go frost something. I’m done. Never talk to me again.” I finished, my heart officially cracked in two, again.

“But...” Jack began.

“You broke my heart. Twice Jack. Twice. You put me through this pain again.” My voice cracked toward the end. I followed the others.  I was the last to jump through the portal. I looked back at Jack; his eyes cutting into mine, pleading. He whispered

“You will always stay in my heart. I will stay with you.” Then he flew away. Suddenly, I was immersed in darkness, unfamiliar to the tunnels. No.