15...

All of a sudden, a bright flash of blue  illuminated the night and exploded with power. Pitch’s dear nightmares shattered in a mass of darkness and ice. Jack stood up to Pitch! Jack fell toward the sleigh, too exhausted to fly. I knew we couldn’t get to him in time. A sudden streak of aqua and purple flashed by and caught Jack. She landed him safely in the sleigh.

“Tooth!” North greeted.

“I couldn’t let you fight all alone could I?” She smiled and Sandy wondered how she was feeling.

“Believed in!” she cried and we disappeared through the portal. Back at the Pole, I tended to Jack, who was still unconscious. The loss of Sandy still hung in the air, like a heavy dew weighing us down. Jack kept muttering the name Mary. I hope it wasn’t a girlfriend. His eyelids fluttered opened, focusing on my face. He smiled weakly.

“Hey.” I offered.

“I should get knocked out more often.” He muttered. I inclined my head as if to ask why.

“I get to wake up to your pretty face.” He replied. I blushed. He reminded me so much of Seth.

“You never know if you’re going to wake up to Bunny though.” I teased. He then cut in randomly,

“You’re funny when you’re mad.” I pouted and he laughed. His eyes widened and then closed again. I kept stroking his forehead with the wet towel.

“Who’s Mary?” I wondered. Jack looked at me as if I was crazy.

“You kept muttering her name.” I informed. Jack shook his head.

“It’s like I had a dream but I can never remember it.” He said. I turned away. That totally answered my question.