22...

I fell to the snow and toward Jack. Pitch screamed.

“You have a nasty habit of interfering.” Pitch said and cracked Jack’s staff.

“No!” I screamed and Jack fell to the floor, in pain. I was transported back to Pitch’s lair. Once again, I was in my prison of shadows.

 “Show our guest the screen.” Pitch ordered and we faced a mass of writhing darkness. Pitch dissipated and reappeared on the screen, stomping out all the lights. I felt all our powers draining. Suddenly, the scene changed and the Guardians were fighting! I felt some power surge back into me, but Pitch was putting up one good fight. Jack was there! They were protecting the children. All of a sudden, Pitch’s voice boomed, demanding to bring his prisoner. Seth grabbed my hand and all of a sudden, I was perched precariously on the top of a shadow tidal wave. Pitch screamed at the Guardians

“STOP! Or she dies.” He grabbed me roughly and held a blade by me. I didn’t dare move.  Seth whispered in my ear,

“We could have been together forever.” The children seemed enraged and Jamie stepped forward and held his head high.

“Oh stop little rat. That won’t work on the Guardian of music. If only you could come up with a song in one second.” Pitch taunted. That’s it! I struggled for air, occasionally gasping, and spat out

I was standing…by my instinct, I… I shut the door and I began to cry, but I knew…I had to do it” I stared directly at Seth. “And he wouldn't understand”

“I DO UNDERSTAND!” Seth screamed. I shook my head. Pitch loosened his grip as if I was poisonous. I almost smiled. Almost. I continued with the song, my voice growing stronger with each passing moment.

Ch. 25 “So hard to see myself without him. I felt a piece of my heart break, but when you're standing at a crossroad there's a choice you gotta make. I guess it's gonna have to hurt. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side. I guess it's gonna break me down like falling when you try to fly. It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye.” The knife pressed closer, a slight pain stinging, causing my voice to waver.

I know there's a blue horizon somewhere up ahead just waiting for me. Getting there means leaving things behind. Sometimes life's so bitter sweet. I guess it's gonna have to hurt. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side. I guess it's gonna break me down like falling when you try to fly. It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye.”  Pitch dropped the knife. Joining into the music, the children sang along, weakening the dark pair further.

“Time, time heals the wounds that you feel,

Somehow, right now. I guess it's gonna have to hurt. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side. I guess it's gonna break me down like falling when you try to fly. It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye. Starts with goodbye. Na na na na na na na.” I finished and Seth crumpled to the floor.

“I’m so sorry.” I mumbled and jumped off of the cloud of darkness.