21...

Seth brushed his black hair out of his eyes.

“Don’t talk to me.” I said coldly.

“You’re the one talking to me.” He pointed out. I turned my head the different direction. He brushed my curly brown hair to the side and stroked my necklace. A shiver went through me because that was my source of power. Seth saw my apprehensive look and stopped, his hand resting on my cheek, gentle and almost… loving even. If I closed my eyes and imagined myself somewhere else, as someone else, I would’ve actually fell for that move.

“Melody.” He repeated.

“No. I will never fall for that trick three times.” I refused.

“What trick? Love isn’t a trick.” He twisted the words.

“No it isn’t. You’re a trick.” I said back. Seth appeared to look wounded at my words. Pitch came in and asked if I confessed anything. Seth shook his head.

“Fine. I’ll just get rid of Frost. He has a bad habit of messing up my plans. But I’ll need you.” Pitch pointed at me. Seth stepped in front of me protectively.

“I’m not going to hurt her.” Pitch reassured. Seth reluctantly undid my chains and Pitch whirled me to a freezing glacier. A huge mixture of ice and darkness towered over us and Pitch grabbed my throat, holding me as a prisoner.

“Jack!” he called. I struggled and he let me scream out.

“Jack!” he turned and his eyes widened. He rushed back to Pitch.

“Let her go.” He growled.

“The staff Jack. The staff.” Pitch requested forcefully. Jack held onto it. I prayed he didn’t give into Pitch. Pitch squeezed tighter, almost killing me. Jack took one look and handed it over. As soon as Pitch touched it, it turned black.

“Release her.” Jack stood waiting. I was in shock that he just gave up his power. Pitch replied coldly,  

“No.” Jack’s eyes widened.

“You said you wanted to be alone. Then be alone!” My hands, chained, were dangling near my skirt pocket. I managed to reached in, grab my bobby pin, and undo my chains. As they fell to the floor, I kicked and Pitch was surprised at how I wriggled out of my bonds.