Chapter 3:Night and Day

Up above are the Nicolas that belong to Eve(Nova) and Drake(Cissy).I Own Nothing!
Enjoy!
---------------
Waking up once the sun's rays hit through the drapes,Gavin wakes up,sitting up a few short moments later.He heads to the bathroom and starts his shower.......then he starts to monologue.
Hi.I'm Gavin.As of recent events,I am a full fledged wizard of the infamous Fairy Tail guild.Oh yeah,not to mention that I got this awesome apartment all to myself.Eve and I are actually neighbors,literally,she's right next door.
Gavin turns off the shower,drying off and he wraps the towel around his waist and he dries his hair with another.
The apartment house we live in is on Vanilla Street,and it's only a 15 minute walk to the guild from here.Surprisingly,the rent cost is only 14,000 Jewel.I heard it was once 35,000 though,thank goodness it isn't anymore.
Gavin walks out of the bathroom.
The best part about this place,is is without a doubt my-
His monologue is short lived as he walks into his room,only to see Nashi and Joy on his in-room sofa. "Yo." Joy says casually. "MY ROOM!" He yells.Suddenly,Nashi starts to blush and she glances away. "U-Uh.G-Geez Gav,partially a nudist aren't you?" Nashi says,stuttering. "Ah,AHHH!!I-I'm sorry!" He yells. "L-Let me get changed and we'll talk!" Gavin says,grabbing a change of clothes,heading to the bathroom.Once done,he comes back. "Okay,now why the hell are you two here?" He asks. "We wanted to check out the place you got.Not bad either." Joy responds.Gavin sighs. "Oh,I see my sister's already invaded.Sorry about that." Says a voice. "Oh shut up Drake!" Nashi retorts.Gavin turns to see Eve,along with a male blonde teen with brown eyes. "Hey Eve!And...is that?" Gavin says,soon tilting his head.Drake smiles. "Drake Dragneel,in the flesh." Eve holds up two gold Celestial Spirit Keys. "Drake dropped by not only to pick up Nashi,but to also give me these.The key of the twins and the maiden." She says with a wink. "That's great Evie!" Gavin smiles,congratulating his friend.
"At first I refused,of course.I didn't want to sever the bond.What kind of wizard would I be to do that?But Drake said that he and his mom insisted,so,I decided to make contacts with them." Eve says,a little embarrassed. "Which reminds me,did you make contracts with the keys you got in Hargeon?" Gavin then asks.Eve thinks for a moment,then realization hits her. "I did make a contract with Caelum,but not with Nikola." "Might as well do it now.Plus,I haven't seen a good spirit summoning since Drake's birthday." Nashi says,somewhat exited.Eve pulls out a key. "Alrighty!Now,Open,Gate of the Canis Minor,Nikola!" Suddenly,a little pink snowman appears. "What the heck?!It's the pink version of Plue and Cissy!" Nashi yells,surprised.Eve looks to Drake,confused. "I'm familiar with Plue,but who's Cissy?" She asks.Smirking,he holds up a silver key. "I'll show you.Open,Gate of the Canis Minor,come on out Cissy!" Soon poofs a mint green snowman. "This is Cissy,my Canis Minor." The two Nicolas hug,then the pink one turns back to Eve,who has pulled out a notepad and pen. "Alright,now let's work out our contract,okay?How do Sunday's sound to you?" The Nikola nods and Eve writes it down. "Mondays?" The Nikola shakes it's head.Once going through all the says of the week,Eve puts her notepad away. "Now for a name....I know!How about Nova?" Nova nods it's head and the two hug.Drake smiles.However,the moment is short-lived after Nashi slams her fist on the table. "ALRIGHT!I've made up my mind!" She says,then pointing to Gavin and Eve. "I've decided that you two are joining the team!" "U-Us?" Eve asks. "Yup,the more the merrier!Whatcha say bro-bro?" Nashi asks,turning to Drake. "Why not?Plus,William and Simo will be glad to have more members." "William and Simo?" Gavin asks. "Charlotte's younger brother,Simo's his exceed.He's visiting his sister Juliet,who's in Lamia Scale."
"Lamia Scale?Wow." "Anyways,Nashi,I got the job you wanted." Drake gives Nashi a flyer. "Okay!" Gavin glances over at the flyer. "Whoa!Help me find this book for 200,000 Jewel?!LET'S GO!" He says,looking them dead in the eye. "I like this guy's spirit!It could match yours Nashi."
"Meh,Shaddup big bro!"
Timeskip..........
Team Nashi travels through the countryside.Nashi,of course,has motion sickness. "Ugh...." She grumbles. "Now now lil sis,only 5 more minutes till we reach town." Drake says smugly to his sister.Nashi mutters under her breath. "So,your parents did a job similar to this?" Eve hesitantly asks. "Yep.To infiltrate the Everlue Mansion and retrieve Daybreak." Drake responds.Smiling,Gavin looks out the window of the wagon. I wonder...will our adventure be exciting as theirs?
Another Timeskip.........
They arrived little ways from their destination,the Dawntoh Mansion.Upon arriving,they say a young woman in a maid's outfit.She had long light brown hair and piercing sapphire blue eyes. "You must be the Fairy Tail wizards,am I right?" They all nod with agreement. "Yes.That's us.And you must be our client." Nashi asks.The maid nods. "My name is Marian Vine.You're all familiar with the task at hand,correct?" Marian asks.Again,they all nod. "All we have to do is help you find a novel collection and the pay is 200,000 Jewel,am I wrong?" Eve states. "I'm afraid you are wrong.The reward has been raised to 4 million Jewel." "WHAT?!" The mages yell. "F-Four million....Four million jewel." Gavin says,a loss for words.Marian nods. "Well what are we waiting for?!Let's get to work!" Nashi says. "I like your enthusiasm."
Meanwhile.......
From an office,a cruel woman watches from her lacrima. "Well,little Marian has called on the wizards.Let's see how this plays out.After all,I do love games."
Later.......
Once waiting on the roof,Team Nashi is let in by Marian.They step into a grand library. "Wow!Your master sure loves to read!" Drake says. "Great.Another bookworm." Nashi mutters. "So Marian,you think it's in a secret archive?" Eve asks. "Yes,I even asked one of my staff members and she confirmed it too.Try to find any loose books,that could mean there's a secret entrance."
Scrambling round from book to book, Gavin sighs. "We've been here for 15 minutes and still nothing." He pulls down on another book.Suddenly,a secret door slides open,revealing a smile archive. "You found it!" Marian yells.They all walk in,the door shutting behind him. "Now,the three should be here somewhere." Once again,they all scramble around from shelf to shelf to find the saga.An hour passes and they are currently unsuccessful.
"At this rate we'll never find them!!" Nashi yells,literally pulling out a small set of books inside a box.The side of the openable box are letters written:Night and Day.
"You found them!" Marian yells.She yanks them out,holding the books close to her. "Finally,I found the remains of his work.Now...mum will be happy again."
"Your mom?" Joy asks.Marian nods.
"She had always wanted these books.She said there was something important about it that I'd love.She once had these books,but they burnt with the cottage we once owned.They had already sold out by the time we got back on our feet." They frowned at the sad Marian. "Hold on,these are works by Ana Blu!I know you just got them,"
Drake takes out the first novel,then putting on his wind reader glasses. "At least let me quickly finish the series!"
Eve sighs. You've got to be kidding me!
"So,little miss Marian has been naughty."
Marian froze at the voice.They all turn to see the Countess Dawntoh.At her side were her maids and her Butler.
"Now,unless you want to end up in the streets and have that mummy of yours to die:Give me the books and no one gets hurt."
Marian shook her head. "No!There's something about these books that you don't want me to know!"
"Which is none of your concern,now,be a good girl and gi-" She is cut off after seeing the box is missing,along with Drake and Eve.
"WHAT?!I must find them!My lovely maids,and my darling butler TabooGET THEM!" She says,using her Earth magic to drill down and disappear.
"Alright!Let's start this party!" Nashi yells,her fist igniting in flames. "Joy,you and Gavin find Drake and Eve.I smell them,they ain't too far.Marian,you're mom's still here too,isn't she?Get her to safety,knowing us wizards,we'll overdo our job."
Marian,a bit shocked,decides not to argue,nods,and she leaves in a hurry.
Gavin's POV
I just stared at the salmon haired girl.Her hazel eyes were full of passion,a desire to fight,which complemented her flaming fists. "Nashi are you serious?!There's like,40 of them!Let me stay and help.We'll get do-"
"Stop worrying about me!I'll be fine!Now go,that chub of a woman is going to find them if you don't start moving!"
She yells,cutting me off.Nodding,I decide to go,I look back to her one time,then turn back ahead,running.
Nashi's POV
Gavin was worried about me.I could smell it.Why,of all people,would he even begin to be concerned for a reckless,short-tempered person like me?I don't know.Maybe it was part of his weird personality.
"Enough thinking," I turn to the staff. "Lets fight you low class snobs!"
Eve's POV
Shutting the last book,I sighed.Drake and I were hiding in the sewers,reading and re-reading the famous book series by Ana Blu.We noticed something off. Each book ended with the same sentence:Hidden in the lines,leads to a secret life.
That's when it hit us.
"I knew we thought something was off." I say,putting the books back into the box. "This book....no all of them.....they have a secret!" Drake says.Suddenly, from the wall behind us,we felt hands grab out wrists.The both of us had the box and we turned to see the Countess,halfway in and out of the wall. "And seeing as how it's my property.I believe you should share!"
To Be Continued.......
----------------
Sorry this took SOOOOOOOOO long!!!