Chapter 1: Cara Boogey

Cara strolled her suitcase past the huge iron gates, this was officially her last year at the academy and this was going to be her year for the taking, being captain of the soccer team and climbing the social ladders to popularity she was ready for her senior year.

"Your mother wishes you the best of luck" Hemingway spoke, Cara turned back. "Tell her I love her" Cara spoke before heading through the gates. "Cara" Jackie yelled from across the foyer, Jackie was her best friend of all time, they had met in freshmen year getting so stupid drunk they bonded really quickly and that was it.

"We're roomies" She squealed, "Did you use your special privileges for that" Cara spoke rolling her eyes as she sighed her admissions papers, Jackie's parents were advisors to Queen Victoria and King Ashton, one day Jackie will be an advisor to their son Prince Matt who was also a friend, or a rival as Jackie called him.

"Maybe a little" she replied opening the door to our dorm, "Very nice- of course we'd get a suit instead of a regular room" Cara laughed picking up the bottle of champagne and Note from Jackie's parents wishing her luck on her final year. "What can I say- they love me more than Cassius" Jackie spoke, Cassius was her twin brother, also one of her best friends.

"Hey Cara" Matt called from the hallway, everyone walked around getting to know there new living arrangements, talking with old friends. "So this is it- the last year before we all set off to take our place in the world" Matt spoke, "Easy for you to say your the next king" Jackie scoffed fixing her hair in the mirror. "And you'll be chained right next to me" Matt snickered, "We'll see" Jackie spoke.

"Where's your best friend" Jackie spoke changing the subject, "He's checking in- it's a big year from him to- he's going to find his mate" Matt spoke. "Right the where wolf thing" Cara spoke, she had read all about the mates. "I feel sorry for whoever is stuck with that prick" Cara spoke, "And here I thought I was your friend" his dark voice sent a shiver down her spine. "It's nice to see you to Cara" Ace spoke giving her that smile that made every girl weak in the knees. She wasn't particularly fond of Ace, he wasn't exactly a player because werewolves had mates but he did fool around to much for her liking, and his I own the world attitude didn't help either.

"Anyways we should get going but Ace is turning 20 this weekend- hope to see you there Cara- you are not invited" Matt spoke turning to Jackie, she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Boys" she spoke closing the door. "So Ace is hotter this year" Jackie spoke, Cara laughed. "You say that every year" Cara spoke, "One things for sure his mate is a very lucky girl - if you know what I mean" she winked, "Considering I'm a virgin I don't know what you mean" Cara replied, "Right we need to work on that this year" Jackie spoke.

"Ha-ha" Cara frowned, the rest of the day consisted of orientations and pep rally's, everyone seemed to be having a huge party, Cara looked down from her window she had to finish her article or else her part time job would be history, it was the only thing that kept her sane. While everyone on campus bragged about who they were or how famous their parents were she hid her parents from everyone. Her mother being a very powerful witch wished only for her to follow in her footsteps and her father being Lucifer king of hell wished for her to be his heir. Cara only wanted to be a reporter, she had even lived amongst the human world the past summer as a trainee reporter for Cowles Co.

"Done" she spoke, stretching her limbs she sent it to her boss, a crude man but none the less a talented and well respected reporter in her field. "Cara what are you doing- you buzz kill let's go party" Jackie yelled opening the door, she wobbled in her heels laughing at the fact she almost fell- she was definitely drunk.

"Alright let's go" Cara smiled linking her hands with Jackie they left for a night of fun.

"Cara wake up" Cassius's voice rung, Cara bolted up hissing at the sun, "You guys are going to be late for first day" he spoke already dressed in his uniform, backpack hung from one shoulder. "Damn it" she groaned running to the bathroom she could hear Jackie cursing to as she got ready. They ran through the hallways trying to be on time. "Miss. Reynalds and Miss. Boogey- nice of you to finally join us" Mr. Rodney spoke looking up from his book, they apologized and took their seats.

Classes were all the same, a mixture of practical math English and science but they had added supernatural ones to the school program. Many people chose them based on their own ethnicity, werewolves took werewolves classes, Vamps took vampire 101, basically everything was separated. Cara took conjuring and demon hunting classes, classes she took to get her mother off her back. She had also had to find her spirit, an animals bound to her by destiny, a loyal companion.

"So first day was good" Jackie spoke pulling the covers over her shoulders, "Good night" Cara spoke turning the lamp off, it wasn't long before she fell asleep that she felt a calling, a voice inside her head, opening her eyes she quietly snuck out of the room and up to the roof. "Cara" Her father spoke, She hadn't seen him in years but here he was, Lucifer in the flesh. "What are you doing here on earth" Cara spoke looking over the dark sky. "I came to see you- your graduating this year" He spoke, "So" Cara spoke. "Well like everyone's destiny I assume you'll be following yours" He spoke, Cara narrowed her eyes "I'm not going to hell" Cara spoke crossing her arms. "Cara of all my off springs your the only one the inherited my darkness, my reign over the dead- the ability to control it" Lucifer spoke. "It's your destiny" he continued. "Well destiny can screw it cause I don't want a crown and I definitely don't want to lead the dead" Cara spoke walking away from her father. "You won't have much of a choice Cara" her father spoke, "Watch and see father" Cara raged turning around her father was gone, "tch" Cara shook her head, he had only ever visited her to ensure she knew she was the future Queen of his empire. Her mother never spoke of him, always avoided the questions, considered him dead man.

"Cara" Jackie waved in the hallway, "Where did you go last night" she spoke, "Just for some fresh air" She replied, not even Jackie knew her parentage, it worried that if people knew her father was Satan, the dark lord everyone would fear her, she would be an outcast, a freak and that was saying a lot considering everyone was basically a monster.

"I thought you snuck off to meet a guy" Jackie laughed, Cara awkwardly laughed. "Jackie" Matt waved her over, Cara turned the corner heading for her locker when she ran into what felt like brick wall. "Ouch" she muttered rubbing her nose, "Well if it isn't the I sneak out past curfew girl" Ace spoke, Cara froze. "I saw you last night, followed you up to the roof but the door was locked- wonder what you were doing up there or who you were doing up there" Ace spoke, his voice held a hint of anger. "I'm sorry I wasn't meant to be seen" Cara smiled batting her eyelashes despite the fact that she was a virgin everyone assumed she was easy because Jackie was pretty easy.

"Careful I might just send in a tip to the dean" Ace snapped, "And I'm sure he'll love to know last year the future king spent most of his classes outside of campus- bribing his teachers to mark his name on the attendance" Cara smiled, she knew the dirt on almost everyone in school, she was quiet always lurking in the shadows one of the finer details she took from her father was being able to cast a shadow body, not having a physical form.

"The first thing I'm going to do as king is make you regret those words" Ace spoke coming to close for her liking she kicked him in the shin and took off running, what was that. Ace had never really took a notice in her- she hung around the same social group as him but it had never brought them any closer.