Chapter 24: Okay? Okay.

🛍 Sophia's POV 🛍

I need to stop this. I can't continue being like this. Weak. Vulnerable. And extra... I think I'm a tad bit extra. But I have my reasons.

That stupid Alex Sharpe gets on my fucking nerves! He is officially the most annoying person I have EVER met!

I storm off away from the guys and go somewhere else and to be honest, I don't even know where I'm heading.

I walk further and further away until I find a little spot with a big grey rock. I place myself on the rock and I just sit and relax.

I say relax but I was shitting myself everytime I heard something rustle.

I sit on the rock for about ten minutes before I get up and ponder as to how I'm going to get back. I don't know how to get back. I'm lost...

I look around to see if there's a way out, a route that looks familiar to me... It's dark. I can't see anything. This probably wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had.

I sit back on the rock and put my head in my hands. I'm lost. Forever. I won't ever be able to see Hannah again... Or Mason. As far as Alex goes, I don't care.

There's a rustling sound coming from behind me. This rustling of leaves sound is louder than the previous ones. I pretend that I don't hear this rustling and I don't dare to look back. I sit still, not making a sound.

SNAP

A twig crunches.

I look back.

I look into a pair of warm brown eyes. They had a glint of light in them. They always did. No matter what.

It was Alex.

I can't help but feel relieved. I'm still pissed at Alex. I can't give in to him.

"Hey Babe" His husky voice echoes in the darkness.

"Go away" I say solemnly, I then get
up from the rock and try to walk away. I manage to walk a few steps until I feel large hands around my waist.

Alex pulls me towards him and holds me firmly: my back towards his torso.

I let a out a whimper. I still flinch or get scared when someone touches me.
I feel Alex's breath in my left ear, he whispers "What's wrong babe?"

I gasp in shock.

He loosens his hold.

"You won't—"

"I don't want any of this 'You won't understand' bullshit because I can only understand if you talk about whatever is going on with you".

"Things happen. Life goes on. There's nothing no one can do to stop anything"

"You make no sense"

"And you do?" I question him.

"Listen," he takes me hand and directs me towards the rock, he sits down on the rock and motions at me to sit next to him. I contemplate running away but let's face it, there's no logical way of finding my way back to Hannah and Mason. I sit beside Alex, my body stiff at first but then I relax myself.

"I know it's not easy to say whatever needs to be said, but you need to tell me so I can help you. I know you still won't tell me so let's make a deal" Alex says in a soft tone

"What..." I ask worriedly.

"If you tell me, you can ask me anything".

"Anything?" I ask.

"Anything" He smiles at me reassuringly.

"Well why a—"

"Not so fast young lady. You have to spill the beans" Alex interrupts me.

"Something happened to me. It's not very nice. I wouldn't wish it upon everyone. But I guess I'm used to it".

"You say this thing happened to you".

"Yeah so?"

"Past tense"

"Oh my gosh Alex Sharpe knows something for once in his life!!!" I say sarcastically.

"Stop being stupid. My point being is that you then said you're used to it. Why would you be used to it if you said it happened. Does it still happen?" Alex asks curiously.

"No of course not" I lie quickly.

"You're lying. I know when you lie and you're lying right now".

Words can't escape my mouth. How did he know I was lying?

"Alex. My secret isn't easy to talk about. You can't expect me to answer your question without any difficulty. You need to give me time. Time is all I ask for" I tell Alex firmly.

"Okay".

"Okay?"

"Yes okay, it's a word, ever heard of it??"

"That's all you're gonna say? You're not going to pester me for the rest of my life?" I ask.

"No", "I'm a patient guy"

I snort.
"Now...", "time for my question".

"Ummm no. You didn't answer my question" Alex argues.

"I know but I will tell you one day just not today".

"What is your question?"

"Why are you such an asshole?"

--------------------------------------------------
A/N

Damn Sophia didn't hesitate in asking her question!

Well I'm sure most of you will love the next chapter because it's about our beloved Alex and his tragic past... Well some of it.

Thank you all so much for showing me so much support on this book, it honestly means so much!

Thank you xx,
Lailyxo
💋