Chapter 6

Kirishima was looking around with a frantic expression on his usually stoic face. He was so sure to have heard the boy's voice that his heart couldn't contain his excitement.

He didn't realize how much he wanted to see that boy until now. It wasn't like he loved the boy or anything but still, he knew he missed him like one misses a younger brother, and plus, he couldn't stand Asami-sama's scary mood and depressed eyes anymore.

But even though Kirishima and Suoh were looking with all their might around them, they couldn't recognize the boy's face, the search was useless unless Shadow kept screaming but he didn't. Why?

"He was here, Suoh! I heard his voice!"

Suoh wasn't about to doubt Kirishima among all the people. "What do we do?"

Kirishima sighed. "We can only keep looking." He turned to his best friend and said "You know, Suoh, Asami cannot hear about it, he would abandon his schedule and responsabilities to look for the boy and this could only bring suspicions and disaster. We can't have a great general such as him busy looking for a brat instead of focusing on his job. Plus, we aren't sure the boy is really around, so lets find him no matter what and hand him back to the one he belongs to."

"Right."

"I will do what I have to do, and don't let him be aware of our new mission... please Kazumi you have to keep looking. I will send the investigative team to search for some info in this town. I can't believe he left on his own.

For the first time Akihito felt like crying. Suoh and Kirishima were so close, yet so distant. The security guy that was following him caught him right before Kirishima turned around and dragged him away, covering his face with his giant arm, just a little more and he would have suffocated.
That man was talking about the consequences, what Akihito's owner, the Glass Castle's owner would do to him if he escaped again, but Aki wasn't listening. His friends were there, there was hope.

He apologize to the security guy with fake humility, thinking all the time about a new escape plan. But the man was gripping his army tightly and he didn't dare try to make a run for it.

Since Kirishima and Suoh were there, chances were that Asami himself was around. His heart skip a beat. They probably came because of the big ball.

'I have to escape tonight.' That had to happen before the General could see his humiliating position. Luxury whore, a courtesan.

Of course he had tried to run away dozen of times but he had also failed every single time, and because they couldn't damage his body since they planned to make some money from it, they beat the shit out of his friends Kou and Takato, poor kids who grew up in that city.

'If I escape this time, I can ask Asami to help me and take them with us.'

Suoh was a big man, used to the crowed places in the military camp or in the battle field, sharing space with thousand of people and not caring with the smaller one his strong legs would stomp on. But right now, the crowded streets was making him feel so claustrophobic.

He was looking around with the painful sensation he was loosing something, something important between his fingers. Something he couldn't even see.

"Shadow!" He screamed. Somewhere, someone had to listen to him. "Hey, brat!"

The faces of the people around him moved like a mass, there was no expression, it was like a bad dream.

"Shadow!"

Suoh was looking for a needle in a haystack.

It was a glimpse, so brief that he doubt of his eyes for a second, until it happened again. Someone was looking at him, dark green and curious eyes behind a mask.