Chapter 5

Sold.

Akihito had been sold. And he should be glad about it. After all he was still alive.

He had spent several weeks struggling against the side effects of the poison, endless hours of high fever, pain and confusion.
Right now, sitting by the huge window pane, the only thing he could do to keep himself sane was think and remember. In his mind, he could watch himself in General Asami's arms, apologizing for his sudden disapearance and explaining everything that happened in the meantime.

The first familiar face he saw after waking up - a little less confused - was Sudou's. He felt relieved and asked him why the hell he was tied up in someone's bed, but there was something off in the way the man was looking at him. Jealousy, insanity, Sudou Shuu was out of his mind.
"I am going to tear you apart, brat... and send him little pieces of you."

Day after day, listening Suoh's crazy ramblings, Akihito began to understand the situation he was in. Apparently, that man didn't mean to poison him or to kill him just yet, but his spy, a dumb man named"Mitarai" shot him with a poisoned arrow out of panic, thinking the famous killer Shadow was going to catch him and interrogate him.

Sudoh didn't let him die at first because back then he was extremely jealous and seriously planning on torturing him and cut pieces of him to watch the general's reaction, but over time, he calmed himself down and told Akihito with a smug face that his relationship with Asami was progressing and working out just fine. He told Aki how great the sex with the general was and that Asami didn't even remember Akihito's disappearance anymore. That hurt... a lot, because he sounded so convincing.

And who Akihito was trying to fool with his silly hope that that man was still ou there, looking for him, thinking of him, worried about him? He was just a faceless brat.

Suoh never actually found out who his true identity was, but because of Akihito's nice looks, he soon found a buyer from a brothel that took interest in him, touched him in a manner that had the boy bite his lips or else he would have bitten off someone's face.

He kept saying to himself "at least I am not dead". Being alive meant he could still run away, he could still find Asami and see him again. But Sudou's stories keep echoing in his ears... he was not sure he wanted to met Asami if he was having an affair with that insane, jealous bitch.
Also, he didn't want the general to find out who he truly was. A prostitute, still a virgin but a prostitute nonetheless.

He had run away from Glass Castle before his debut, and now he was being sold to some brothel... one can not run from their fate, it seems. He could only remember his military past and wish to stay in those memories, next to Asami, bothering Kirishima and following Suoh's footsteps. If he knew at least one of them missed him a little bit he would'nt feel so lonely, but he knew they likely didn't.

A few days ago, he had arrived in his new "home, sweet home" and couldn't believe his eyes when he read the sign a few miles from the actual "home"... Glass Castle. That was a joke... It had to be. Sudoh sold him to the place he had run away from a few years ago.
Akihito stopped to say to himself 'at least I am alive'.

Fei Long wasn't there anymore, the military man who had fallen in love with him took him away and now, the loneliness was taking it's toll. Akihito would sit by the window and imagine what Asami was doing at that moment for hours and hours.

✩✩✩

He heard about the big ball. It was gonna happen in a few days. They said it was in honour of a victorious army who had won a big battle not far from there and he wondered if it had something to with Asami, if it was possible for him to attend the ball.

But there were so many military leaders that it could be in honour of anyone, so the boy didn't let himself hope in case he he didn't find Asami in the ball. The best is always not hope too much to not get hurt.
And if all these stories Sudoh told him about being together with Asami was true, he didn't want to see them together.