Chapter 9

Asami was running down the cavern with his and on the wall in a blanket of darkness. Counting the tunnels that split off; until he reached the one he was supposed to take, and rushing down it hand on the right side then taking the first tunnel. Running down it towards the small light in the distance and stopping quickly. Asami took off his generals coat and used it to grab a hold of the metal fire holder thing so he wouldn't burn his hand, and pulled it down.

It pulled some rubble from the wall and screeched as it came down. For a second there was silence, Asami was to think he took a wrong turn somewhere when there was a loud grinding noise coming from the wall. Backing up a step he waited as the wall in front of him slip into the walls around it. It opened to reveal a large empty room, walking into the room he barley had time to look around before he was grabbed from behold and tackled to the ground.

Asami struggled and was able to see that several children were holding his arms and wrestling him down. A man approached him, he had short brown hair with a red panda mask like shadows except the different animal.

'Was shadow one them, once?'

The man glared through his mask And asked "who are you and how did you know about this place, and those tunnels?"

"Shadow sent me." Asami saw no reason to lie, plus if you want to be trusted you must first show some trust.

His eyes widened under his mask and the room broke into surprised/joyful chaos. Suddenly children started popping up everywhere, asking him questions. As the room got louder and louder from everyone trying to be heard. 

"SHUT IT!!!" A man in a black rabbit mask shouted; He had shoulder length black hair that was slightly wavy, with dark brown eyes to match.

"Thanks, K" the red panda told the rabbit, then he turned back towards asami, and told all the children who had started to herd around him got out of the way. "How do we know you aren't lying?"

"Well the fact that I know shadow is one, but if you need something more I have a piece of his mask inside my coat pocket." Asami nodded towards his coat which he dropped after being tackled.

The black rabbit picked up Asami's jacket and searched through its pockets, then the inside ones. Grabbing a hold of something on the right one and pulling it out; seeing the broken mask the rabbit and red panda glared at him.

"How do we now that you didn't do this to his mask, and working with the glass castle to try and find us?" The red panda asked coldly

"Because I know what he is really like: he's stubborn as a mule, clever as a fox, and his tongue is as sharp as his eyes." Asami said not noticing the soft tone his voice had become talking about akihito, but the rabbit and red panda did.

There was a moment of silence before the rabbit knelt down to Asami's face and tilted his head like he was trying to see into his soul. Finally he whispered "you love him don't you?"

Asami's eyes widened in surprise

"........I-"

"Kou! I brought some-....ASAMI!?"

Suoh and kirishima rushed to asami trying to help him to his feet.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Kirishima questioned angrily, but it had little effect since his expression was full of relief.

Kou just gave them a sheepish grin behind his mask and shrugged his shoulders "just giving him grief."

Asami stared at him flabbergasted, quickly becoming annoyed. All that  just to cause to cause some trouble, these guys are just as bad as Akihito.