Chapter II

Chapter II: Hit the road Jack

As the doors opened, I got blinded by the sun light. It hurt to keep my eyes open, but once they adjusted to the sudden change of scenery, two police cars parked strategically in front of the bank were the first thing they saw. Richie held me tight in front of him with his gun placed over my shoulder. He wasn't doing it just for the show, the man hated me. The cops avoided shooting in our direction for safety reasons, but nothing held the brothers back. Seth shot a cop in the leg, making him fall on the ground as he shout in pain. Richie did the same, but he actually killed one of the good guys. And my ears. For a second I thought I became deaf, but the lady Seth was holding in front of him screamed so loud that I knew for sure I was pretty far form that.

As Richie kept chaotically pushing me around, hoping that a bullet would go through me, Seth softly nodded in my direction. The plan was on. I moved around a little to give Cyclops the hint that I was in charge now. He lowered his head until his breath tingled my neck. "What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Orange. Jeep. KAZ2Y5." I told him, and he started looking around frantically. "Your right."

Once he spotted Thotianna, the brothers started running towards it, still keeping us as shields. The cops shot their last shots, as we got in the car. Richie pushed me into the driver's seat, he took the seat on the right, leaving Seth and the weeping lady in the back. I started the car and pushed my leg into the throttle pedal, driving us away from the mess.

I looked into the rearview mirror to see if we were being followed. No one was after us just yet. I turned on the radio to change the mood, given the fact that the bank lady was still crying. It was my way of comforting her.

"And now, on a serious note, folks, the department of public safety has just put out an advisory for two men reportedly behind a violent bank robbery in Abilene this afternoon. They're looking for two males, late 20s, wearing dark-blue suits, believed to be armed and dangerous."

Shit. Not good. I pressed the button a few times to change the podcast until I found something decent. The fact that none of them was talking killed me inside. Richie still held tight onto his gun, making me a little anxious. I wasn't used to this kind of things, but my mission required no mistakes that could've gotten me killed. I had to play as their friend. The brothers were indeed dangerous, as they murdered a policeman without hesitation. It was insane.

"That's what I'm talking about! Team work." Seth said, giving me an astonished look. Weirdly, he reminded me so much of my brother. They had the same clumsy smile, that stupid hairstyle I hated so much, even his way of talking was similar to my brother's. That was a great way to remind myself why I had to go through all of this shit. I just grinned back at Seth. He seemed uncomfortable in the back seat. Like a kid whose parents just forced him to sit put.

The girl seemed terrified, not only by the brothers, but by my presence too. Maybe she was blaming me for offering my help to the bank robbers but she had no idea what my plan was, nor why I did it. As soon as I would get rid of those clowns, she'd be free and safe.

"So where are we headed?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road. Richie didn't say anything, still being mad at the fact that I shot him. Seth on the other hand seemed to be unbothered. So sure of himself.

"We have to cross the border to Mexico." Seth explained. I didn't like the sound of that. "But don't worry 'bout the road, we'll stop soon and change places."

"Your plan sucks, Seth. My car my rules." I told him, not taking my eyes off the road.

"Oh, excuse me Romanoff, remind me when I asked. You do as I say, when I-" I didn't let him finish. Instead, I pressed hard on the breaks, scaring the crap out of the bank lady. Richie almost hit his head on the window, his eyes giving me a death glare.