Chapter IX

Chapter IX: Rock me Amadeus

We got up, pretending that nothing happened. Of course, nothing happened and nothing would ever happen. I didn't have feelings for him, except pure hatred. Seth caught me by surprise, and a little bit drunk. That was all.

Kate seemed more angry than she actually wanted to show. Her whole body was tensed. Richie and Seth walked behind us and I could hear the younger Gecko asking his brother about what he had just witnessed. I threw one more look over my shoulder, before we entered the club, to see if the body was truly gone. It was. I couldn't understand how that recurred.

I tried to shake off the feeling that something shady was going on, but entering the place only worsened it. The only thing I could put the blame on was the alcohol.

Everyone was seated, waiting for the show to start. A few people threw us nasty looks, as if we disturbed their peace. The lights dimmed a little by the time we got to our table. Only the stage was lightened. The priest and Scott seemed a little worried, but none of us asked them what was going on. I liked the way they didn't try to escape, not putting themselves in danger.

"We have a special performance, for tonight--" A man stepped on stage from behind the curtains. I watched his every move, as my heart stopped beating for a brief second. He looked just like he did the last time I saw him. Same unfriendly and apathetic figure.

"I know him..." I almost whispered. Richie cocked his eyebrow in confusion, followed by his brother. "My brother used to work for him, but no matter how hard I tried to find him...he was non-existent. As if he never walked on Earth."

My teary eyes locked with Richie's for a moment. "That is the guy who gave me the knife." The younger Gecko said.

"What?!" Seth looked at the both of us, alarmed.

The whole thing concerned him, and everyone at the table. The Universe seemed to be leading all of us in this place. Which would've been impossible. Unless there was a connection between this place, my brother and the Geckos. I had to talk to the man who previously presented himself to me as Marco. If that was even his real name. And there he was, standing careless, in the center of the stage.

"--Is a very, very special night. Please welcome the mistress of the macabre. The queen of the night, Santanico Pandemonium!"

The show had indeed started once she stepped on stage. The whole room was either clapping for her, or whistled. The woman carried a boa snake on her slim shoulders. She moved with grace, as if she practiced with books on her head. With her every move, everyone was in awe. Hypnotized by her presence. I followed her stare, until I realized that she was watching Richie. The younger Gecko was amazed and shocked at the same time. She was slowly but surely approaching our table, sometimes fixing me with her empty stare. She showed no emotion.

"It's her." Richie said, capturing our attention.

Seth turned around to face his brother, a bit nervous about the whole situation. "Who?"

"You can see her too?" The younger Gecko asked, without taking his eyes off the girl. I looked back at the woman, wondering what the hell was wrong with him.

"What?" I asked him.

"That's the girl that led me here." All of us were stunned by Richie's words. Even the priest had a skeptical look on his face. Kate narrowed her eyes at me, gesturing towards the bathroom. I nodded and both of us got up silently, so neither of the staff could notice. Seth grabbed my wrist as I tip-toed behind him.

"Where do you guys think you're going?" He whispered, his black eyes fixing me.

"Fuck off." I said, freeing my hand from his tight grip. The thing that happened before could not ever happen again. I refused to put more gasoline on the fire. I hated him, and that was the only feeling he could ever get out of me.