Epilogue

She was here. The whole place was soaked in her scent. Sweet lavender with tints of blood. I could recognize her in hundreds. My little sister couldn't stay put, for once. Especially now, when I needed her out of everyone's sight. She had to come here and ruin what I've worked so hard for. There were so many culebras that rooted for my job, ready to attack me where I expected the least. She put herself in danger like a fool.

I had to find a way to end to her curiosity, so it wouldn't become a much bigger problem later. Not for me, but for her.

I tightened my fist around Carlos' collar, forcing him to walk. He was hesitant, but knew he fucked up when Kisa escaped. Malvado wasn't pleased to hear it. I never thought the Geckos would be a problem. Even the savages in the cellar seemed smarter than them. So how the hell did two dumbasses manage to get this far? Perhaps what they said about never underestimating your enemy was true. What I found the most intriguing was how Trixie got mixed into this madness. That was just another thing Carlos messed up, the suicide letter. I was so sure that he won't be able to complete that simple task. Now Malvado wanted me to clear all this garbage left behind.

"We should be hunting her down." Carlos said, worrying about what was about to happen to him. Luckily for him, Malvado didn't plan on skinning him alive, as he thought he could bring back Santanico. He was pretty understanding, unlike me. I would've killed him without thinking twice. Carlos was useless.

My laughter echoed throughout the empty hallways. "Sorry, Carlitos. The order comes straight from on high. You fucked up big time, you should be thankful you're still alive."

"You know, Jared. I've met your little sister. Quite a temper, reminds me of someone." Carlos said. I knew he was trying to get on my nerves, and he almost did. Unfortunate for him, Malvado taught me how I could block the unwanted emotions. Like a switch. Something Carlos was too weak to learn.

"They said that you need to be... Re-educated." I stopped him as we got in front of the most horrifying chamber. He turned around, looking at me nonchalantly. Even in the given situation, he managed to act like an asshole. He should've been more grateful.

"You know I'll never make it out." He told me. I knew it, but I couldn't care less. Carlos meant nothing. He wasn't the issue that stressed me the most, but Trixie. Little Trixie became a trouble maker.

I took out a pack of cigarettes out of the black leather coat I stole from someone I killed. Malvado's previous right hand. A scumbag. Placing a cigarette between my lips, I lit it and stared at Carlos. The smoke filled my lungs, grounding me a little. I couldn't say that I was angry, it bothered me that I had to fix everything by myself. To do Carlos' work.

"I honestly don't give a shit. Good luck." I blew the smoke in his face, gesturing him to get inside. He smiled at me. The sooner the better. One less problem on the list.

"Your sweet hermanita won't stop looking for you. I'm sure she won't find you, but she'll find me. And I can't wait for the moment I'll take a huge bite out of her soft neck." Carlos spat before he entered the dark room and left me behind, raging. He thought he knew everything, but I couldn't wait to surprise him in ways he would never suspect.

"Trixie, what have you done?" I whispered for myself. My job was done here. I smoked a little more out of the cigarette then threw it on the ground, stepping on it. The game had just begun.