Chapter 12

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

ajadvhsbjvdbj!!!!!!!!!!

2,000 reads OMG are you JOKING?!

I love you.. *wipes tears* every flackin single one of you :')

That inspired me to post chapter 12 lol. god..

I love you..

forreal..

seriously..0,o *mexican pedo walk* lmao!!!!

_______________________

I stood in front of the fountain, absentmindedly touching the box in my pocket. I had fretted for hours that maybe it was too much too soon, and that maybe she’d turn me down. I effectively brushed the doubts off thought, reminding myself that it’s not like I was proposing to her.

I checked my watch, it was two minutes past eight. Right before I thought that she wasn’t coming, I saw her strolling down the sidewalk. She was wearing heels and a pretty sundress. She looked amazing. I had to shake myself in remembrance of my purpose. I was getting off track. I needed to prove to her that I was serious. Not seriously sprung.

She stood in front of me, appraising me with her eyes. Her eyes flicked down to my bruised hand that was braced on the fountain and back up to my face. No emotion showed on her face.

After a few tense silent seconds, she clicked her tongue and looked towards the sparkling city lights. “So what do you want?” Her voice was thicker than usual. It seemed like she was holding back emotion. If so, she was extremely good at hiding it.

“I’m sorry.” I stated plainly, looking into her eyes.

She nodded and looked off behind the fountain. “Okay.”

I took a deep breath and readied myself for whatever her reaction would be to the box inside my pocket. I pulled it out with my good hand and held it in front of me.

Some emotion flashed on her face for a quick second, but was gone before I could discern it. It was close to...panic?

I opened the box, presenting the necklace with a silver Z hanging from a silver chain. She looked at it blankly for a full minute. I worried that she hated it, me and never wanted to look at me again. But I was shocked when she looked up at me and tears were in her eyes.

I chose that moment to ask, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

The tears flooded over and she hooked her arms around my waist. She buried her face in my chest and hugged me tightly. I laced my hands in her hair and embraced her back.

“Why are you crying?”

She pulled back slightly. “I’m just happy.” Her eyes didn’t meet mine as she spoke. Something in my told me she was lying, and that there was more to the story. Of course I didn’t want to think of that at the time. She was in my arms, and she was mine.

“So, is this a yes?” I asked her, swiping away some of her tears with my thumb.

She nodded, her expression grave. That didn’t make sense. She told me she was happy, but she seemed upset. This definitely wasn’t happy crying, I could tell.

I took the necklace from the box and set the box down on the edge of the fountain. I unhooked it and re-hooked it around her neck as she held her hair aside. When I was done I placed my lips lightly to her temple.

She put her head back on my chest and sighed. We stood like that for about five long minutes before she pulled away, reluctantly. “I have a school program tonight.”