Chapter 13

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

LALALA lol.

everyone check out my tumblr. I have alot more slash on there! bellacimone.tumblr.com

_________________________

Women.

I’ll never understand them. I know Liam told me that I didn’t necessarily have to, but at the moment I just wanted to know what Kalenn was thinking. Last night I’d tried not to let her secrets get to me but I couldn’t help it. I was upset, and more than anything I wanted her to understand how I felt. Maybe if she understood, she’d know it’s okay to tell me anything. She’d know I care about her safety and her feelings.

A knock on the door jolted me out of my thoughts. A familiar voice came thru and Liam’s head popped in. He saw my on the bed and came inside. “Rough night?” He asked me.

I sighed and turned over to face the wall. “Yeah.”

I heard him walk around, fidgeting. “Want to elaborate?”

“Not really. Just want to be alone.” I answered. It was very rare that I was too upset for Liam’s advice or listening ear. This proved to me how much I cared about Kalenn.

“Alright. If you need anything you know where I live.” He joked and left me alone.

I hoped Kalenn was okay after last night. Never mind the secrets she was keeping, she had been hurt by someone. Thinking of it made my blood boil. Not just the fact that she’d been hurt, but the fact that I couldn’t protect her if I wanted to because I didn’t know what was going on.

I glanced at my phone beside me and debated calling her. Just to check on her, if nothing else.

But I figured I’d better go a safer route and get advice first. Not from Papa Smurf, but from my long time friend Kate. She’s a girl so she should be better with this kind of stuff. Plus she’s a bonafide lesbian, so she probably knows girls better than I do.

I dialed the number and waited for her to answer. It rang twice before she picked up.

“Yo!” Her girly voice shouted thru the phone.

“Hey don’t kill my ear drums, jeez!” I held the phone away from my ear and talked into it. “What are you doing?”

She sighed heavily and sounded out of breath, like she was working. “Nothing just washing my cat.”

I burst into laughter.

On the other line she groaned. “You’re such a pervert, Zayn. You know what I meant.” She ended up laughing a little too.

“You’re nasty, Katie. I just called for advice.” I replied.

I heard a cat snarl and Kate screamed, “HOLD STILL MUFFIN!”

I held back my cackling.

She finally said, “What’s the situation?”

I took a deep breath. “I met this girl and we hit it off and I thought she was completely honest but I could tell she was hiding something, then her ex called me and told me she was a liar. Then I asked her out and she said yes but then she got a black eye at a club and now we haven’t talk much since last night because she won’t tell me what happened.” I inhaled again and cleared my throat.

Kate clicked her tongue. “Well, it seems like you have yourself a problem then, yeah? Hmm..” I heard a meow and she let out an exhausted breath. “I think that all girls have secrets, and that sometimes it’s best that you don’t find out what they are.”