Chapter One Flash Back

The Screamer

A wise man once told me: 'Things can't get any worse than they already are.' But what happens when things do? When does it come into a reality when your whole life was based on several lies, that your destined to become this monster everyone was counting on you to become is right around the corner? I don't want to become a monster, I don't want anyone else to die I care about to the things that was always hiding in the darkness waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Please, please help me wake from this horrendous nightmare
7 years ago...
As I sat on the couch in my living room, sketching a beautiful tree that stood perfectly in front of the window. The smell of my mother's cooking came rushing into the living room with a astonishing smell that had always brightened my mood.
My mother was cooking my favorite breakfast, boy did she knew how to cook. I had always asked her why didn't she become a chief since it was her passion to cook, her response was always the same.

"Darling, I was always destined to be a mother and something else beside a chief, I do love cooking but that's not what God put me on this earth to do." The memory of my mother disappeared, as I continued sketching on my note pad I heard her putting the dishes on the table. I stood up putting my sketch pad down and began walking out in the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran to the door my white dress blowing gently against the wind.

I opened the door and I saw my best friend Trevor standing there with a rose in his hand. I smiled brightly as I opened the door even more for him to walk inside. My mother looked at Trevor and smiled as she put the rest of the food on our plates smiling. Trevor looked over at me as he started to speak.

"Bacon and eggs huh?" I nodded my head as we went to the table and sat down. My mother handed us orange juice and Trevor laughed and gave me a funny face.

I giggled as my mother sat down beside me and began eating her breakfast. This was our usual everyday morning with me and my mother and Trevor always came over and ate with us.

Trevor handed me the rose he had from his side with a bright smile. I took it and gently put it to my nose and smelled it softly. It smelt wonderful like they always did. Trevor had brought me roses every single time he had come over to see me since my father had left my mother and me a few years back.
"How's your mother, Trevor?" My mom asked as Trevor took a big gulp before he shook his head. I looked at him in confusion and a sad expression appeared on his face as he ate his last piece of egg.

"What's wrong?" I asked as someone suddenly pounded on the door behind us. My mother got up instantly as she looked around as if she was ready to fight anyone in the room.
"Stay here." She demanded as she went to the door and looked out it before she opened it. She looked back at me with a sad expression on her face and opened the door to a man, not far from my mother's age that walked into our home.
A man in a black suit stood there smiling at my mother. My mother smiled and hugged the man as he pointed at Trevor.
Trevor came to my side and held me close to him. I put my arms around his waist and I held onto him very tightly, not ever wanting to let go. My mother came in the kitchen looking at me as I saw the sad expression was written all over her face once again. Something was happening and I had no control over it. I knew somehow I would lose something that day that would leave me broken hearted forever.
"Trevor, honey, your uncle needs you to go with him," my mom said softly, as Trevor looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes, leaning down and kissing my cheek. He hugged me close and a playful smile appeared on his face.
"I'll be back later Peyton," He said as he waved goodbye, leaving with his uncle.
The door closed behind him and I stared at the door for what seemed a very long time. What I didn't know then, was that my best friend was never coming back, leaving me alone in this hell of a family where soon enough my mother and I would separate in a matter of hatred and turn into a life full of surprises.
Now...