Chapter Nine:A trip down memory lane

I opened my eyes and saw that I was lying on the floor of my old home. I listened while my mother and father argued. I played with my dolls as I made the couple kiss each other while I giggled.          
"I don't understand why they're saying you have to leave! You have a daughter now! A wife! You can't just abandon us!" My mother screamed as Alexander grabbed her hand gently.          

"I know Rachel, but they need me. My father was just killed and I'm the last Aerowoods in the family besides our daughter. I don't want her to go through this kind of thing right now," He said as he looked down at me and he gave me a hug as his cold hands rubbed my back gently. His body was always so cold; just like mine which I never quite understood.          

"She's just like you Alexander...." My mom began again, "You know that for a fact when she turns 18 the transformations begin. And what about us? Aren't we important?" She whispered as Alexander grabbed her, hugging her close.          

"I'm sorry Rachel, I really am, but I'm doing this for our family. We both know they won't hesitate to kill both of you if I stay here. They know you two are my weakness." He said, and I saw tears forming in his eyes. It was usual for my father to cry, especially when he was this big hero to his home land. But to us...he was the best father ever.          

I stood up grabbing my father's waist as he looked down at me. Tears formed in my eyes suddenly as I squeezed him tightly. I didn't want him to leave us all alone. Even though I was only 5 years old I knew more things than any other 5 year old knew.          

"Daddy, I don't want you to go." I said quietly as he picked me up holding me close. He kissed my cheek as I looked into his bright, crystal blue eyes. His soft smile brought happiness to me every time he shook his head with a playful smile.            

"Peyton, Daddy has to leave for a while. I'm sorry honey that you don't understand why now but one thing I will promise you, I will always be looking after you; even if I am far away I will always protect you and your mother." He looked at Rachel, my mother, as she had tears flowing down her cheeks. I knew this night was going to be the last night I was going to see my father for a long time.          

I looked up to find my father smiling a smile that sent chills down my back as everything became loud and many things happened so quickly I didn't have time for anything to process in my brain. My father grabbed my mother closely as he put us in the closet. My mother grabbed me close as I heard crashing sound and low growl hisses.          

I held onto my mother as she shushed me as tears fell from my eyes. The words that came out of her mouth echoed through my ears and my memory for the longest time.

"Tutto andra bene..."