chapter 20 - tests.

Chapter 20

keilani

I took the test and placed it on the counter. After 5 minutes, I picked it up.

"Negative." I sighed. I slowly sat down on the covered toilet seat.

"It's okay, Keilani. This is just the first time." I said to myself.

Cameron was out grocery shopping for the week. We didn't have much going on this week so we decided that we should cook each day. Just to save money. I don't know why, we're pretty much financially stable, but it sounded like a nice thing we could do together. (Real talk: I wish I was financially stable.)

"I'm home!" Cameron said coming through the door with several bags.

"You should have told me, I would've came down to help." I said walking out of the bathroom.

"It's alright. I got it." He said placing the bags on our island.

"So?" He asked grabbing my waist kissing my forehead.

"Negative." I sighed.

"It's okay, Lani, it's the first time we've tried." He said optimistically.

"I know, I know. I'm just- ugh!" I groaned putting my head in his chest.

"I'm eager, too. We got this." He said lifting my head and squishing my cheeks together. My lips puckered, he took advantage and kissed me repeatedly. I giggled after the rapid kisses I was given.

"There's my favorite smile." He said kissing my cheek and patted my butt, shooing me away. I laughed and walked back to our bedroom, putting on a t-shirt since I was just in a bra and undies.

I came back out and started working on dinner for the night. We were making Cameron's favorite, and now my favorite, chicken enchiladas.

I got all of the necessary ingredients and began to cook. After getting everything in the pan, I placed the pan in the oven.

"I'm so happy I have you." Cameron said.

"I'm also very happy and thankful I have you." I smiled coming around the island to stand in between his legs that were spread apart while he sat on the chair.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you." He said kissing my lips tenderly.

"We should try again tonight." I said clapping my hands excitedly.

"Anytime, I'm here." He laughed kissing my forehead.

"Good. I can feel it this time." I grinned.

"You're so cute." He said pecking my lips. I giggled and pushed him away, walking towards the couch and plopping down. He followed close behind, placing himself on the side of me and his head in my lap. I pet my hand through his hair and he sighed out.

"If we do have a baby, what gender would you want?" I asked after a minute of us just sitting there, Friends playing on the tv.

"Hm. I don't think it matters, but to be honest I want a mini me." He smiled up at me.

"I would love a mini you." I said, smiling at the thought of our own baby boy. He would have Cameron's eyes, strong jaw, light pink, full lips, but my darker hair and a little nose.

"The timer is done." Cameron said hopping up and walking towards the oven.

"Enchilada time!" He yelled excitedly. I laughed at his excitement, knowing he'd been waiting all day for this meal.

"Be careful." I said as he put the mitts on grabbing the hot pan.

"Mmm." He said taking a deep breath. I wrapped my arms around his waist, kissing the back of his neck.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you Keilani Dallas." He said turning around and holding me close.

"I want a baby." I said resting my chin on his chest so I could see him.

"I want one too." He said kissing my forehead.

"Wow." Cameron sighed as I rolled off of him. I smiled happily, and cuddled into Cameron again. 

"Wow is an understatement." I said kissing his sweaty chest.

"I'm about to pass out." He said.

"I think I'll take a test in two weeks." I mumbled thinking about a book I was reading on pregnancy.

"I'm literally gonna faint." He groaned.

"Cameron!" I laughed.

"What?" He said looking down at me. I shook my head closing my eyes and drifted off.

2 and a half weeks later

I downed the glass of water and sat down on the couch. Cameron was on his way home from the gym and I was getting ready to take another pregnancy test. I was watching tv when he came through the door and rushed over.

"Are we pregnant?" He asked kneeling in front of me and caressing my stomach.

"I haven't peed yet." I laughed. He sighed out, "Oh okay. I'm really excited! I can feel it this time."

"I hope so." I said putting my hand over his.

"Okay, I think in need to pee." I said getting up and walking toward our bathroom. He followed and sat on our bed.

"Wish me luck!" I said waving the pregnancy test box as I disappeared behind our bathroom wall. He laughed and turned out tv on while he waited.

I sat down on the toilet and did my business. When I was done, I placed the test on the counter. I washed my hands, getting back to Cameron and plopping on our bed.

"I hope someone's in there." I whispered.

"I know baby." He said coming over me and on top. He ran his hand through my hair and caressed my cheek. "I have a good feeling."

"Hopefully." I said. He kissed my lips and pecked them several times after.

After about 5 minutes I went back to the bathroom counter to check.

Positive.

Wow, I can't believe I updated tbh. I'm so sorry for not updating any sooner but I hope the two chapters somewhat make up for it!

Like always vote and comment! Comment what you think might happen!

I love you all so dearly! Have a great night (it's currently 10:25 in Cali) so I'm going to bed lol