Three

After leaving the cafeteria I go to my locker and grab my things.

I just can't stay here and listen to all this bullshit being thrown at me every where I turn. I think to my self.

I slam my locker and head for a side door. As I'm about half way off school grounds a blue volts wagon stops in front of me. 

"Hunter get in now!" says my brother Tony's girl friend Sydney.

I don't question her and hop in staying quiet waiting for her to explain. She pulls off heading straight for the exit. Tears start forming in her eyes and she wipes them away furiously. 

"What's wrong syd?" I ask no longer able to keep quiet.

"It's ...it's...it;s Tony." She says stuttering uncontrollably.

My heart picks up as soon as she says my brothers name.

Tony? What's wrong with Tony? Nothing is ever wrong with Tony, he's the strong one, he's supposed to always be alright. 

I stay quiet knowing if I say anything I won't stop and i'll shake her and kill us both so I sit back and buckle up.

We pull up to the 'Emergency Parking' area and get out. I follow Sydney to the waiting room and we sit quietly.

I hadn't realized I grabbed Sydney's hand until she squeezed it tightly. I looked back at her and saw tears streaming down her face. I felt a hot tear on my face .

"Sydney what happened to Tony?" I ask so quietly that she looks at me as if she wasn't sure at first.

She chokes back a sob and wipes her face with her sleeve.

" He was driving his... his motorcycle...to ..to my house...and he.. he got hit...Hunter." She choked out. 

I felt more tears running down my face. 

"It's all my fault!" She cried out going into another fit of tears. 

~ Hunter's memory (7 years ago)~

"What's that?" I ask.

"This, my Little rug-rat, is a 1990 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy. They don't even even make these any more." Said Tony smiling bright. 

I giggled hysterically.

" What's so funny rug-rat?" Said Tony obviously not getting the funny part.

" You called it a 'fat boy'!" I called out and started giggling again. I looked up at my brother to see him giggling with me.

~ End of memory (present)~

I let go of Sydney's hand and pull her to me and we sat there hugging each other like our lives depended on it.

" I don't blame you Syd." I say into her neck.

"Thank you so much Hunter." She says breathing out a sigh of relief.

The waiting room doors swing open and in comes a short kind of pudgy nurse wearing scrubs and crocks.

" The family of Tony Stone?" 

Sydney and I rush to her holding hands.

" Please tell me he's alright." I cry out.

Sydney stays quiet and squeezes my hands preparing her self for the news.

" Right now he's becoming stabilized, but we can't really tell right now. We're doing everything we can." She says.