Six

When me and Carter pull up to the schools parking lot there is a slight buzz in the air like some really big shit happened. When me and Carter share a puzzled look we both hop out. A couple walk by and we hear,

" I can't believe he broke up with her and in front of the whole main office staff."

" Who broke up with who?" Asked Carter grabbing the Boy's arm.

" Jake King. He broke up with Lindsey yesterday in the office. In front of all office staff."

He then shook his head and him and his girl left to 1st period.

" King dickhead broke up with slut's ville?" Carter said with a shocked expression.

I shrugged and we kept walking to the entrance.

" Hey are you knew here?" Says Nick Corvet. Coming up behind me and putting a hand on the small of my back.

Nick Corvet was the Washington Heights greatest Midfielder in soccer. He had a perfect body and he wasn't as self absorbed as any other jock in our school.

He came to stand in front of me and smiled brightly showing all his pearly whites. I stared dumbly at him until he raised an eyebrow. I shook my head.

" I'm sorry, no I'm not new. I've been going to the same school as you since 6th grade.' I say calmer than I felt.

" Are you serious? Wow. I must have been either blind or just under a rock because I've never seen you before." He says.

" Wow. Good way to make a girl feel special." Says Jake coming from behind Nick.

"Hey, Jake whats up?" Says Nick smiling and embracing Jake like all boy's do each other.

" Nothing much." He replies.

" Hey I herd you broke up with Lindsey. You okay?" He asks sincerely.

"Yeah I'm good." He says back.

" Yeah so I'm going to head off to class." I say plainly turning to Carter who was leaning on the lockers looking bored.

Jake and Nick turn to look at me and I can feel there eyes raking down my body with a sexual hunger over my new forever 21 sun dress that hugs my body body in all the right places.

Jake clears his throat.

"Hunter you look amazing." He says.

Nick turns and looks at Jake then at me and goes back and forth before shaking his head like he's clearing his head.

" Wait you know these two?" He finally says.

" Yeah Hunter and I are-." Jake starts to reply but is cut off by me and Carter.

" Were, best friends." We say together emphasizing on the 'Were'.

" We were best friends before freshman year."  He says repeating himself.

" Oh, Um Hunter I was wondering If you know wanted to grab some time like today or whenever fine with you, not tha-." I stop his rambling with a hand over he his mouth.

"I'd love to grab lunch with you tomorrow maybe though? I have to visit my brother." I say smiling at him.

"Okay! That's great! Alright tomorrow then." He says enthusiastically. 

" Okay if you boys are done drooling at my master piece..." Says Carter smirking.

I hit her arm and she rubs it shrugging before we get into a fit of laughter at the pink seeping into their cheeks.