Chapter Eleven

1 message received...

Sender: Takabayashi Kei

Message: Hey! Yuiko! You free today? I got the day off and I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me today? I'd be happy if you say yes. ^_^

Reply: Hello Kei. Yeah, I'd like to go on a date with you today~! ^3^

Message: Great! I'll pick you up in an hour! ;*

Reply: Okies~! :3

Cool... Kei got the day off today! I haven't seen him in almost a week now because of his summer job. I'm also too lazy to leave the house without anyone to go out with. Rika's still on vacation, and Kasumi is still busy with the store, I'm sure Ryota's gonna be busy preparing for his meeting with Koizumi-senpai's parents. Heehee...

Hmm... What should I wear? What should I wear?

I rummage through my things as I think about how my day with Kei would go today. I try to peel off the clothes neatly arranged in my drawers for a cute outfit to be with Kei in. I mean, I have to look cute for my own boyfriend, do I not?

When I finally found the right pair to wear, I arranged the rest of my thrown out clothes and the carnival to preparing for a date begins~! (A/N: Girls. You understand me. *wiggles eyebrows*)

An hour later, my doorbell rang and I swiftly walked up to the door and peeked through the looking hole and saw Kei. This scene seems quite familiar from yesterday's too! Only, I'm going out this time.

"You ready?" Kei asked me with a little nervous chuckle.

"Absolutely~!" I chime in as I lock the door behind me, slip my purse onto my shoulder and Kei gives me a hand to hold as he begins to lead me in to today's adventure.

The day went on pretty fun actually. Kei and I first went window shopping, until he actually bought me a necklace. Then we went to go see a movie together. Then had dinner at a nice restaurant, and thank God it wasn't fancy, I don't want Kei to stereotype me for some rich spoiled brat or something. But I was happy he also viewed me as a normal person too.

As Kei then started to walk me back home, we passed by the park close to my apartment complex and saw Ryota sitting on the swing with such a gloomy expression on his face. I'm pretty sure it is Ryota, and I'm a bit concerned since I know that he'd be meeting with Koizumi-senpai's parents today.

"What's the matter Yuiko?" Kei asked me as I kept staring at Ryota, Kei then looked to where I was looking, "Hn? Isn't that Ooshiro?"

I looked at Kei and nodded, "Uhm... Kei?" he then somehow had a sour look, but I had to tell him, "I think Ryota had a bad day today, can I go check on him and maybe give him encouraging words to cheer him up? I mean... Ryota is our friend."

"Ryota?" Kei mumbled.

Oops! I was calling him 'Ooshiro-kun' until yesterday and just changed it. Kei might be jealous...

"Yeah! Ooshiro Ryota! He's our friend and he said that we should stop with the formalities, just like Rika and Kasumi." I reason out for him not to misunderstand. Luckily, he kind of understood and let the thought take over.

"Oh alright... Let's go see what's troubling him." his answer made me smile, and I rushed on over to the swings where Ryota was being all emo at.

I called out his name and he looked up at me, "Yuiko? Wh-What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was on my way back home from my date." I said and looked behind me to smile at Kei who just smiled and waved his hand at Ryota. "What are you doing sitting here all alone being all sad?"

"Well... I was walking aimlessly and decided to sit here because of today." I decided to sit down on the other swing beside his and Kei went to sit down on the edge of the slide close to us.

"What happened Ooshiro?" Kei asked, but Ryota just looked down in regret.

"Is it about you paying a visit to Koizumi-senpai's house and meeting with her parents?" he didn't look up, but he looked away and nodded once. That was enough for me to understand. "Wanna talk about it?"

Ryota lifted his head and glanced at Kei first before turning to look at me, "Not now... Sorry..."

"It's okay, I understand. Gimme a call if you ever want to talk about it, okay?" I told him with a sincere smile, and he thanked me with a small smile. I then stood up to say goodbye, "Well, you should head back home and try to think of something nice to do. We should be heading back home too since it's very late already. Right Kei?"

Kei looked a bit startled when I called him, like he was concentrating on something else. "Uh.. Y-yeah!" he said, but it's like he didn't hear my entire sentence, but I let it slide.

"Okay then~!" I say as I reach out my hand to Kei for him to hold it so we'd go back, then I turned to face Ryota, "I'll see you when I can, okay Ryota?"

He then got up too, "Yeah... See you Yuiko, Takabayashi."

"Bye bye~!"

"See ya Ooshiro."

We then started to walk back, but I had to give one last wave, so I turned around to do so, but Ryota gave me a hand signal that he'd call and mouthed a 'later'. I just nodded and waved goodbye.

Maybe he does want to talk, but not with Kei around to hear it. I hope it's nothing bad though...

As Kei had walked me all the way up to my room, I invited him inside for some tea. He kind of had a sulky mood too, and I have a high assumption it was caused by me approaching Ryota and allowing him to talk to me about his problems.

"Kei... You okay?" I asked as I placed the tea on the table and sat next to him.

"Yeah. Why ask?" he replied normally, but didn't make eye contact.

"Can you look me in the eyes and say that?" He looked at me, but looked down and sighed. "Are you mad cause I meddled in on Ryota's problem?"

"Not mad... Just jealous." he still kept his head down.

"Awe... Don't be..."

"You had a crush on him first than you did on me, didn't you?"

Well that one hit hard... But I can understand why he's feeling this way.

"But didn't you make me forget about him and focus on loving you?"

After I said that, a tiny blush soon appeared on his cheeks and he faced me and smiled, "Do you really love me?"

I had to giggle at him, "Of course I do!" And to prove it to him, I gave him a little kiss to prove it.

"That wasn't enough." he teased and kissed me, this time, more passionately than what I did before.

As we broke free, I had to stop him before we'd go any further, "Okay big guy, that's enough for today."

He chuckled, "Alright alright. I won't be having any tea today, sorry. I gotta go take care of something back home too."

"Was I keeping you here long?"

"Nah... I want to stay longer if you'd allow, but if not, then I should get busy with my project soon."

"Oooh~! What kinda project?" I purred.

"Oh... It's a surprise that I'm not tellin' you when and what for."

"Hmph!" I pouted, "Foine..."

He then patted my head, "Don't be glum." He then kissed me on the lips again and stood up right after, "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay~!" I hollered back at him. "Take care!"

"Thanks Yuiko! I love you!"

"I love you too, Kei!"

We waved each other a goodbye, and a few moments later, he was out of my apartment. I then went to my phone and saw that Ryota had texted me.

'Text me when's the right time for me to call.'