Chapter 3.

The flashback ends and I smile to myself fondly. Akila really had become my half-sister and so had all my other friends. They were more than a family to me.

Ptah had been an amazing dad too. Even though he was always busy (I mean he IS the god of creation like) he always made time to see me. I was his only half-blood child.

He and the other gods had agreed that he was too powerful to have demigod children of his own. But he had adopted me and the other gods were fine with that.

Suddenly a blinding headache hits me and fall against the shower wall. My eyes are screwed tightly shut and I can feel every drop of water roll down my skin.

I'm in agony and yet I can do nothing to stop it. It isn't the first time I've had one and they never change.

The face I was waiting for flashes across my brain its image slightly blurred. It is a boy with dark hair and even darker eyes... that's all I can make out though. As soon as the headache comes it's gone and I am left wondering who the boy was. He seemed so familiar...

Slowly I drag myself out of the shower and into my bedroom.

I towel myself off and slip a blood red cotton tunic over my head. The material is light and soft and has slits in the back to let my wings out. The result is I feel weightless. I put on my sandals and glance at myself in the floor to ceiling mirror.

I grin immediately pleased with what I see.

My blood red wings sprout from my back and my deeply tanned skin seems to glow. You can even see the tattoos I have.

They go down to my elbow and travel down to half way down my thigh. I look better than I have in years.

Umi, I need to speak with you, please come to my office now

My father's voice slips through my head and I nod even though he isn't in the room.

I take one last look in the mirror admiring myself.

Yes child you are indeed beautiful but hurry up and get your lazy ass over here now!

Ptah says sarcastically and I laugh to myself.

I teleported to his office and kneel in front of him.

"You called for me my lord?"

"Rise child, you know I hate when you do that."

"Of course my lord, then I apologise." I say bowing slightly as I stand.

Ptah sighs exasperatedly and I grin despite myself.

"You are impossible! Alright then. I've called you here because the Greek gods have asked for our help with an old enemy of theirs.

I have agreed to help them but I want you and your army to go as it is the best we have and you know how much I like to make an impression on people... is that alright? Will you go for me?"

I am silent for a while considering the consequences of going.

Finally I agree.

"Very well Ptah... but I want to look intimidating. Masks, cloaks and horribly deadly looking weapons. The works!"

Ptah laughed. "My dear boy it is a wonder we are not related by blood! That it exactly what I want you to do! None of you are to reveal you're identities. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir. Will that be all...dad?"

Ptah smiled fondly at me. "Yes son that will be all. Now go enjoy your last night you leave tomorrow at noon. Also, well done in that win today."

I grinned. "Thanks dad"

He waved and I teleported again.

I arrived at Abasi's villa and knocked on the door three times before entering.

"Abasi! Guess what?! We're going on a mission!" I yelled. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge pulling out a bottle of milk. I uncapped it and gulped half of it down. Just as I was about to raise it up to my mouth again, Abasi walked in wearing a tunic identical to mine.

He was rubbing his head with a towel and asked, "Where, what, why, when and who?"

I smirked.

"America, enemy, they're weak, tomorrow... and it's the Greeks!" I finished dramatically.

He froze and slowly lifted his head up to look at me.

"And how are you about all this?" he asks.

"Honestly? I'm dreading it. But Ptah said we had to wear masks and cloaks to make us look scary so I guess there will be some sort of enjoyment in it for me."

"Good." Abasi nodded his head looking satisfied. "So what are we doing tonight seeing as we are leaving tomorrow?"

I grinned, pleased that he knew me so well.

"We are venturing out into the real world. I found this club the other night and it seems quite cool. You are going to finally make a baby with Dahlila and I my good friend am finally going to get laid!"

Abasi laughed and shook his head. "Only you Umi. Only you!"

I punched him in the arm. "Go tell the others. We have some hard core partying to do. We leave at eight so make sure you're ready or I'll leave without you!"

We said goodbye and I teleported to my villa. It was only half three so I decided to get some rest.

I set an alarm for half seven and collapsed on to my bed.

Soon enough I fell asleep.

I dreamt of the beautiful boy again.

���A/N�