Chapter 4.

A few hours later my alarm went off. I tumbled out of bed reluctantly and stretched.

 My wings fanned out to their full width and a couple of my bones cracked from being cramped.

 I yawned and my extra-long canines flashed making me look like the feral animal I undoubtedly was.

I heard a gasp to my left and my reflexes kicked in.

 It only took me a second to reach the far wall, my wings tucked in, twin blades in my hands and a dangerous look in my now black eyes.

Akila stood in front of me, her mouth open in shock and her eyes wide with fear.

Immediately I relaxed, but not that much, and I was back in front of her grabbing her shoulders gently.

“Akila you can’t tell anybody not even Akil or Abasi!” I told her seriously.

She nodded wordlessly and I relaxed a bit more.

Then, “Umi, what gods have blessed you?” she asked looking curios.

I was silent for a minute. We normally tend to keep this private.

 If more than three gods bless you, you can become quite powerful. I only knew which demigods were blessed by which gods because of their auras.

Akila had of course been blessed by Thoth. But Nut and Anubis had blessed her as well.

 I was pretty sure Anubis fancied her but was too scared of her father to act up on it.

“All of them except Ptah. He was worried I would be overwhelmed with the power…”  I told her not meeting her eyes.

I am not the first Egyptian demigod to be blessed so generously. There was one demigod before me. He died 17324 Ma’at years old. That is at least 17 human years.

Ptah secretly anointed me primordial of pain & pleasure and forgotten & betrayed heroes. I was honored but he pleaded with me not to tell the others. I agreed.

“Umi, Percy, how strong are you really?” Akila asked.

I flinched. I didn’t like being called my old name. It reminded me too much of my past.

“I always hold back in training, but Ptah said I could create a crater the size of the pacific and almost deep enough to reach the underworld.”

I hear Akila breathing raggedly beside me. I still haven’t looked at her. Eventually she calms down and rubs my shoulder, my wings in the way of my back.

“You can control it right? Of course you can, you have been from the last few years.”