Chapter10.

Umi's p.o.v.

We had been at the camp for three days now and four of us had been challenged to a duel. Abasi, Akila, Aziza and I were chosen. I was greatly amused by this as it was Clarisse who had challenged me. I wasn’t sure she knew I had defeated her father when I was mortal. Now I was immortal… and let’s just say I wasn’t appreciating the sneers she sent my way every time we were in the same room.

Hehe.

The upside to this little flaw in the plan was the fact that I got to show off my body!

Evil gleeful snigger-smirk!

The camp had only seen all of us in big bulky cloaks. They undoubtedly expected us to be fat and unfit. They had no idea just how wrong they were. Abasi was roughly the same age as I was and had been trained by Horus so he had obviously been kept busy over the years. Ever since he had been able to hold a sword, Horus had been determined to take him on as an apprentice, claiming that one day he would be able to rival his own skills. Horus never said he would teach him to be unbeatable and I secretly approved of that. No matter what, you will always have a weak point. Abasi’s, currently, was Dahlila. The half-bloods would also get the chance to see Abasi and I topless as it was our habit to train so. Tight clothes restricted movement as did armour. Plus Abasi had been given the speed, grace and flexibility of a cat from Bast. He also didn’t have ears like mine… and fangs…

I was quite annoyed with Bast because of this and asked her to remove mine, but she insisted that I was adorable and that I reminded her of a neko. (Half human half cat. Look it up.)

Anyway, today was the day we were to fight with the half-bloods and Abasi was about to start his.

There were a few gasps from the Aphrodite cabin and I smirked to myself.

My eyes narrowed on an exceptionally beautiful girl huddled with the group and I shook my head. Of course Aphrodite herself would be here to try and see if she could garner any information from her children.

Turning my attention back to Abasi, I watched as he toyed with his opposition. I knew the exact moment he tired of the cat and mouse game he was participating in and decided to end it. With a flick of his risk and an effective lunge, his opponent had lost his sword and was on the ground, holding his hands up in surrender. Abasi turned and left, striding toward me confidently. Akila departed from my side and made her way toward her opponent.

They each nodded as they past each other and Abasi stood beside me and murmured, “They are acceptable but some seem too cocky for their own good. I had forgotten how lax humans are when it comes to training hard, but this, children of gods, being so… so… careless! Honestly, they are nearly a disgrace to their parents!”

I chuckled lowly but didn’t bother to reply. Abasi already knew of my views on the way the greek half-bloods were… handled so to speak. They would never realise their full potential by just learning from one another. Of course Luke had been a prodigy with his sword in his own way… but faced with an egytian half-blood made him merely seem like he was playing with his daddy’s weapon.

Luke…

Gods I missed him. His betrayal hurt like hell when I first learned about it…