x.

On Tuesday morning Hannah picked out her outfit extra carefully. She wasn't a huge fashion guru but working in a clothing store rubbed off on her and anyway, if she felt good in her skin it made her mood much better as well. And what makes a girl feel more confident than a nice outfit and a pretty make-up?

She didn't want to go all out just for Harry though; he had already seen her high and drenched in the rain so if she turned up on a coffee date with a different face basically, he might think she was desperate. Was it a date though? Of course it wasn't but it sounded good in Hannah's head.

Lily didn't comment on Hannah's slight change of appearance but she mumbled a “you look really pretty” which, coming from her, was the biggest compliment ever. It gave a bit more boost to Hannah's confidence and she cheerily handed Lily her lunch and began putting on her coat and boots.

Even the annoying drizzle couldn't falter her mood; she simply opened her umbrella and walked the not very long distance to the store. She decided that everyone should have a date (or not date but something that they can call a date in their head) coming up after work because it makes it so much easier to work 8 or so hours. It seemed that more people chose to come into the small boutique today to keep Hannah busy, and soon 5 o'clock rolled around.

She left the store practically glowing because so many customers had some nice words to her. Harry was leaning on the side of a car, looking through his phone with his head hung low. Hannah literally skipped to him and waved her hand in front of Harry's face.

“Hi!”

He jumped a bit but a huge smile spread on his face when he took her in. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek (which made Hannah blush) and motioned towards his car.

“Hello, Hannah. I didn't see your car and I hope you walked because I want you to ride in my baby,” he winked. She laughed and shook her head, walking around his car to get in. Harry caught up with her with a few quick steps and opened the door for her before she could have. He had no idea how much Hannah appreciated that little gesture. She thanked him quietly and couldn't help but note in her head that Finn never opened doors for her or let her walk into a room first. She didn't think she missed these things until Harry proved her wrong.

“So... your baby, huh?” Hannah turned to him once Harry got in too and started the car. A slight blush appeared on his face and he tapped the dashboard proudly.

“I worked hard for it okay? It might not be an Audi but it is nice enough, don't you think?” he turned slightly towards her, his eyes leaving the road only momentarily.

“Of course. What is it exactly that you work? What got you this baby?” she teased him a bit more but she was genuinely curious.

“Okay enough about that, I thought it'd sound cool because cool guys say that all the time but it just doesn't work with me. I get it,” Harry laughed. “Well, I've got several jobs and they call me when they need me. It's complicated.”

Hannah nodded, though she didn't really get it. Shortly after, they arrived at one of the few cafés the little town had and ran inside because it had started to rain again. After ordering (a hot chocolate for Hannah and a capuccino for Harry) they sat down at a table in a hidden corner.

In the beginning it was a tad bit weird; none of them knew where to start or what to say so they kind of just sat there awkwardly. They didn't really dare to look towards one another and even if one of them said something, a long pause followed. Hannah started to think that maybe they just shouldn't force this then; their “relationship” might have been purely physical. It pained her though, because if the physical part was that good, then obviously she wished they got on well.