Verse X - The Cult of the Human-Eater

The darkness failed to hypnotize them, as light rendered from some hanging torches throughout the opening room. It was big, but there appeared to have been some signs that someone used this place as a temporary shelter. There was a fire pit set up right in the middle of the floor, but as Kryptonite placed his paw next to the dark looking logs that were placed accordingly, it was still rather warm, like it was recently put out. Blaze watched, knowing of this knowledge as she continued to explore the opening room. 

There were paintings on the wall. They were beautiful and well drawn. Like they were ancient drawing from the old world of Humans. Blaze thought that they might've been stolen and placed here, but then she questioned what this place was truly made to become before it was a Colosseum. After attempting to open some doors, they all seemed to be jammed and could not open, except this little door to the corner of the room which revealed a long hallway that had walls and flooring made out of stone. They proceeded with caution, seeing all the cracks on the stones, and the weird noises they heard as they stepped through the room. But Blaze made it to the door at the end and quickly opened it. 

It was another big room, but it had a bunch of rows for seating. They walked between these rows, seeing skeletons sitting on the seats, or just a bunch of random bones laying around. Even stains of blood were spilled at random places, mostly on the floors. Kryptonite strolled back to the top of the row of benches, rushing up the high set of steps as he became freaked out of all the bloodshed. But a large supply of boxes quickly got his attention, baiting him into salvaging the boxes. He found a large assortment of goods, mostly ancient goods that he knew would earn him a bunch of cash. Blaze watched from below as his eyes formed into the image of gold bars, as he shoveled all the ancient goods into his pockets. 

She shook his head regarding his sudden craving for treasure, immediately stopping as she noticed a skeleton sitting on a set of benches next to her. It looked like the chief leader she saw before entering this place, the leader of this mysterious cult. 

          "Know our pain, and you shall see." The skeleton spoke, with much vulgar in the tone of his voice. 

Blaze looked at the skeleton, then glanced downward into this huge battlefield. It was empty, excluding the pool of sand that laid on the bottom. There were three entrances into the battlefield, all of which were gated by heavy looking bars. All she could see from the inside of them were pitch blackness, not that she really cared to look inside. But then three men appeared from an invisible void- all of which were armed with spears, swords, and a small mace. They had equipped minor weapons, but they had strong-looking armor. To Blaze, they looked like whelps, mere weaklings who had no desire to fight amongst the battlefield. They were visibly shaken, as they slashed their weapons in what appeared to be unpredicted ways. There was no target shown. 

          "What are they fighting?" Blaze asked as she watched the three men cowardly fight. 

          "Themselves." The skeleton speaks again as he watched, "They do not know how to deal with their mentality. Do you fight, or do you overcome it?" 

Blaze looked down slightly to answer the question, "Wish I knew."

          "Many of us who resided in this cult were ashamed to even be a part of it. They believed, but they knew it was wrong."

Blaze looked back at him, "What does this cult do? Does it have something to do with the Human-Eater?" 

As Blaze asked, she looked back down into the battlefield. The three men who were fighting were laid on the ground, soaked in their own blood. Blaze didn't know what happened- whether they killed each other, or themselves. The sands under them began to move. Move in the same fashion as water, with the circling, soft waves within the water once one has made physical contact with the water. A loud robotic buzzing sound shook the whole building, so much that Kryptonite was snapped out of his craving for treasure. He jumped down from bench to bench, plopping down next to Blaze as he too looked down into the battlefield.