Verse V - RE: The Resurrection of Humanity

The entering of the village was as cruel as one would imagine. Everyone had lined up outside of their wooden homes, just watching the men push the carriage down the dirt trail. It wasn't a long trail, and it didn't take long at all to get to the center of the village, but it seemed like a whole decade. The people watching, they didn't seem to look away from the commotion, nor did they blink. They spilled insults from their parting lips and danced the infamous dance of the drunks. They seemed to talk a whole lot about Blaze, which made Nova and Atreyu question her past relation with this village. What exactly was she doing here so long again? And why? 

The carriage made a forceful stop. It made a big thump that would push Nova onto Atreyu. She looked up at him and noticed their faces were oddly close to one another. But she didn't hesitate to pull back away from him. Atreyu seemed bothered, however. From how Nova reacted to it. He let it go, though he noticed the crowd of people surrounding the carriage. The people rioted and threw things at the carriage, directly to both Nova and Atreyu. They even threw things at Blaze, which made her frown at them all. After seeing her frown, the crowd all took a step backward, becoming somewhat fearful. 

          "All of you need to back to your daily activities!" Drakkar shouted at the crowd. 

But one man came forth to approach Drakkar. He was a tall man, and very fat. His shirt was loose, but it didn't go low enough to cover the bottom half of his stomach. His belly button was exposed. 

          "Drakkar! I thought you were trying to protect us from threats like her!" The man spoke, clearly angry and confused about Drakkar's action. 

          "We have a business meeting, now if you'll excuse-" Drakkar explained.

The quickly grabbed onto Drakkar's shoulder in order to stop him, but as he did a group of his men grabbed him and aimed all their weapons straight toward his neck.

          "Execute him," Drakkar spoke, as he led the carriage toward the castle up ahead. 

Behind them, Nova and Atreyu could hear the screams of the fat man. Along with the noise of the men's blades penetrating through his body and drawing blood. And the people of the village only watching in sheer entertainment. Nova grunted, she closed her eyes and leaned her head to the side, against Atreyu's shoulder. 

          "Atreyu, how do you know of Drakkar?" Nova whispered, "It's a good time to tell me now before... You know."

Atreyu shook his head and held his hands onto her cheeks, making her look up at him as he spoke to her.

          "I won't let that happen to you," Atreyu spoke with more confidence than she had ever heard from him, and it managed to assure her that he may, in fact, be right.

The carriage stopped, and the men opened the cage to walk both Nova and Atreyu inside the castle's front doors. Drakkar crossed his arms and watched as they walked inside, where the men would escort them downstairs into the prison room of the ancient castle.

This castle was ancient, after all. It still held most of Humanity's past wealth, simply because a royal family lived within its walls. It was hard for Blaze to realize how Drakkar would've found the area before Amaya did, but she didn't wish to fathom on it. After all the men entered the castle, Drakkar held the door open to allow Blaze through. She took the opportunity to go inside before Drakkar. But he would lead her down an alternate path than the others. The hallway was more narrow, and it made Blaze feel a little claustrophobic. She noticed that her breathing became more rapid like the air became thinner as she progressed. But the door at the end of the tunnel finally revealed itself.